• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DVA irritation at stations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harlesden

Particularly noticeable on the Euston-Watford DC line. The initial announcements "The next train on platform ..." and "The train now approaching platform ..." are fine, but then the "The train now standing at platform ..." often seems to be late - the doors are already almost closed or fully closed. A passenger dashing down the stairs on hearing the announcement is greeted by the sight of a moving train leaving the station.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

It's equally frustrating when it works the other way. Travelling from Godalming to Guildford last Thursday thanks to the buffoon who offered me a lift to the station then, despite my protestations got lost had me arriving at Godalming about a minute after train time. I galloped on to the station just in case and was relieved to see that the display still showed the train. A full three minutes after train time it cleared and then displayed the next train. Aaaaargh!

Mind you, the empty platform should have been a giveaway.

Gathursty

Established Member
What is laughable are the information matrix boards at Hawarden Bridge. Served once in the morning and once at night by request only.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
What is laughable are the information matrix boards at Hawarden Bridge. Served once in the morning and once at night by request only.

7 a day actually, by request. You could argue that the screens are actually quite useful in that respect! As far as I know all stations on the Borderlands line in Wales have them, to be honest I suspect it's useful in case in future service frequency increases. It's more useful to have them now and be lightly used than wait for years to justify them and realise the cost has soared.

Status
Not open for further replies.