• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DVC Hunt Done :), and 30mins at Vauxhall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian G

Established Member
After an 11 Mins wait at West Brompton for the next bloody D-stock to come
(Sorry Memorex and Tom (class313), I turned up at Liverpool St platform 10 at 13:23:29)
On the District line to Bank, England Supporters boarded the train at Embankment and started jumping, swearing, hitting the ceiling, Singing Songs very loudly like "We are the Champions" and "Can you clap your hands"
Also I had my first ride on a Refurbished SWT 455 to Vauxhall (Teddington)
"calling at Vauxhall, Queenstown Road,Clapham Junction,Wandsworth Town,Putney, Barnes Bridge, North Sheen, Richmond, St.Margarets, Twickenham," and etc...
I went on SET 'networker' Service to Waterloo , CSE 465013
I also saw Eurostar DVC (Da Vinci Code) with another photographer
I also went on the Hellfire A-stock, (and I sat at the Back of the Train :))

Here are the Photos from this Glorious and Fantastic Sunny Day!
319215 at London Bridge, Notice that the Vinyl had been ripped off to reveal the Connex Yellow Livery (Not me!)
DVCDAYOUT10060600011.jpg

South West Trains Turbostar Class 170308 approaches Vauxhall with a Salisbury Local Service
DVCDAYOUT10060600016.jpg

Two Trains of SWT pass each other, Refurbished 455 and that Common Unit Class 450
DVCDAYOUT10060600021.jpg

Eurostar Class 3732xx on the final approaches to Waterloo on 9O31 ex 13:04 from Paris
DVCDAYOUT10060600024.jpg

Yet there are still many Unrefurbished Class 455s running on the Suburban Network
DVCDAYOUT10060600026.jpg

Here's another Common Unit Class 444029 heads towards the curve for the final approach to Waterloo
DVCDAYOUT10060600031.jpg

SWT 442412 approaches Vauxhall with a Weymouth Service 15:05
DVCDAYOUT10060600034.jpg

The Eurostar I was waiting for.............. Da Vinci Code
DVCDAYOUT10060600036.jpg

Mona Lisa featured in the Vinyl, and the Logo
DVCDAYOUT10060600041.jpg

And the Rear of the Train, off to Paris on 15:11 9O36 calling at Calais Frethun and Paris Gare du Nord
DVCDAYOUT10060600042.jpg

Phew! I'm so tired! :)
What a day!

Feel free to Comment
Once again, sorry tom (class 313) *blame Stupid Distress line!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
Standing behind a solar panel probably isn't the best place to take photos ;) Also, why upload photos where the rear of the train is not quite in the picture and looking like it is climbing a very steep gradient such as your Class 442 or trains hidden behind signals like your Class 444? Perhaps you could try cropping them to give better/enlarged views, making the train the focal point.

trains2

Correct me if I am wrong, but the reason Julian went to Vauxhall was to photo the Eurostar 'DVC'. Now looking at where the sun is, if he had chosen the more favourable shot of the middle platforms, he would've got a worse shot of it than what he did on that platform, even if there is railway clutter in the way. The sun is on the front of the train which is better than seeing the side in dark. Vauxhall is the only place you get Eurostars between Waterloo & the station which the name fails me (the first one up and over the flyover)

trains2

That's the one! Although I think that would've been a worse shot cos the sun would've been behind the train and right infront of the camera.

Julian G

Established Member
joea1 said:
Wandsworth Road ;)

That's a brill station for photting :)
I couldn't risk it because the other photographer said it was allox on 14:41 9I40 Bruxelles/Brussels

I didn't want to go to Wandsworth road, as I saw someone posted that someone's camera got stolen

Bastiaan

ikar said:
Don't know what's wrong being hidden (a small amount) by a signal, a signal is a part of the railway, isn't it.
Yes, I think so too. How about an overhead pole in front of the train? Doesn't matter. It's a part of the railway too, isn't it :s
zuigplaat.jpg

Where 58's still operate in commercial service...
Yeah.... I even made "great schots" there ;)
goodwagnphoto2my.jpg

TBH... this is one of my wordt shots ever made.

Next time you migt try again in the mid afeternoon, and turn up wit something like this. This was with a lot of zoom, so if you stay around 30mm you might get the complete train on it. And I made this photo around 18:40 pm... so not really perfect light conditions.. (I was a bit to late)
eurovauxhall1kf.jpg

BUT.... once again i recommand Wandsworth Raod

Status
Not open for further replies.