• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dyce rail station to Aberdeen Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJG3

Hi,

anyone know what's the best way to do this on a Sunday; I can't find a direct bus service....taxi, walk??

Thanks,

Andrew

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Romilly

Established Member
Maybe travel to Aberdeen railway station and then get the 727 bus (every 20 minutes, journey time 25 minutes, on a Sunday).

Or about 2.5 miles walk from Dyce station to the terminal on roads skirting around the south side of the airport.

Otherwise, a taxi.

Last edited:

Volvodart

Established Member
You could get a First 17A from Dyce to Bucksburn Police Station and cross the road to get the 727. It is not far from Dyce Station to the Airport, so a taxi fare should not be too much though.

cf111

Established Member
I always go into Aberdeen and get the 727 from the bus station.

me123

Established Member
The bus service only runs on weekdays. So on Saturday and Sunday you cannot get to the airport's railway station unless you take a taxi (£9 when I did it - you can't help but feel cheated when you get out of the taxi and see the aircraft you stepped out of moments before :x ).

At the weekends, you are much better to get the 727 to Aberdeen City Centre and connect with rail services there. I'd only waste money on the taxi if I was going towards Inverness, where the low service frequency means that you may face a considerably longer journey if you don't. All in all, the 727 bus is by far the best way to get between Aberdeen and its airport - when I lived there, using the train never crossed my mind.

Yes, it is a disgrace. That's Aberdeen for you. Bear in mind that the 727 bus is actually relatively new - it launched in 2010, and before then you were stuck with either an infrequent train or a horrendously overpriced taxi.

Status
Not open for further replies.