• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dynamic Sprinter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Chriso

I know FGW are a mess at the mo but must admit i really like the new dynamic livery and think the 150 carries it off very well.

Dennis

Established Member
All that small text is going to make it very difficult to model; don't expect to see any n-gauge examples!

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Hopefully they'll keep them clean too. The 150 on the Severn Beach Line on Weds was filthy - as are basically all 15x DMUs FGW have ATM.

Jim

Established Member
Hopefully they'll keep them clean too. The 150 on the Severn Beach Line on Weds was filthy - as are basically all 15x DMUs FGW have ATM.

All Cardiff - Portsmouth units are going up to FIVE days without a wash, due to the fact that Fratton Depot aren't doing them at the moment for some reason & of course ATW won't do them

ChrisM

The livery suits the sprinters, trouble is now people will think FGW have new trains.

Sprog

Established Member
Looks good.

I hope at least some of it is paint and not all vynals. If its vynals then FGW are shooting themselves in the foot.

Ill have a look at it when i get the chance, preferably when its on shed.

Be interesting to see how it wears.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I really like the 'Dynamic Lines' livery and it looks great on the 185s in particular. Looks just as good on a 150 though :)

The Snap

Established Member
Looks nice does that 150/2. Is 159103 one of the 158 TPE convertions?

westcoaster

Established Member
why is only hALF the fly door yellow (159103), and the top half clear. thought they were suppose to be all yellow

thefab444

Established Member
Went on 103 yesterday, smelling new, looking good except for legroom as per 159s.

As for the end doors, on 103 both ends are windowed with a panel covering up some of it, making the unit look ugly, on 102 the first class end is fully covered - and has a different 'scoop' skirt thing, the other is like 103.

http://jdrailpics.fotopic.net/c1184722.html

Photos for those interested.

Gizmogle

Established Member
Nice livery, but I'm not sure that 150s are dynamic enough for the dynamic livery...

Coxster

Established Member
Good point. As long as they dont paint a pacer in to Dynamic lines.... :puke:
The plan is to use the "Dynamic Names" livery (as shown above) on all of their DMUs except 180s and Turbos.

Bonemaster

why is only hALF the fly door yellow (159103), and the top half clear. thought they were suppose to be all yellow

The full yellow doors are a modification where the centre window has been covered/replaced this example is still in as built condition in that way

Sprog

Established Member

It would appear that the 'fly door' has a perspects window in it.

Doesnt have to be all yellow.

Turbostar

Saw one of the 150's (not sure if it's the only one at the mo) this afternoon running a local from Plymouth, Exeter bound, with a D&C 153. It don't look too bad actually to be honest, better than the original light blue 'Dynamic' livery that was originally proposed, & def better than the obsolete Wessex livery.

Mart

devon_metro

Established Member
Went on 103 yesterday, smelling new, looking good except for legroom as per 159s.

As for the end doors, on 103 both ends are windowed with a panel covering up some of it, making the unit look ugly, on 102 the first class end is fully covered - and has a different 'scoop' skirt thing, the other is like 103.

http://jdrailpics.fotopic.net/c1184722.html

Photos for those interested.

All fgw units are tatty. And those 158s are the best in terms of interior we have...

Sadly 750 came of the rails yesterday.

Dennis

Established Member
All fgw units are tatty.

No there not...you obviously haven't been on the very tatty or rancid ones then!

Are the reliveried units also getting a deep clean or any other TLC?

Also, OOI, regarding the leather seats being fitted to refurbed HST's, what's the view from veggies on these? Presumably, if they will not eat a dead animal, then they would feel uncomfortable sitting on one. Perhaps FGW need to fit a couple of vinyl seats on the HST's as a vegetarian option.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Dennis, have you failed to see the first message you posted? ;)

I think 158s are all in a terrible state, certaintly the one of the ones working the Severn Beach Line on Saturday was. 143s also seem to be in a good state, I've always thought the 150s have been good since refurbs (however many exteriors are filthy!)

Dennis

Established Member
That's funny, error 404 when I first posted. Agree that the 150's and 143's aren't too bad, not surprising given their relatively recent 'refurbs'. However, the speed of decline of the interiors does seem rather more rapid than what I would have expected and they do look (to me) like they could do with a session with Mr Muscle.

Still, when SPM takes over this work, all this will change I'm sure.

Peter

No there not...you obviously haven't been on the very tatty or rancid ones then!

Are the reliveried units also getting a deep clean or any other TLC?

Also, OOI, regarding the leather seats being fitted to refurbed HST's, what's the view from veggies on these? Presumably, if they will not eat a dead animal, then they would feel uncomfortable sitting on one. Perhaps FGW need to fit a couple of vinyl seats on the HST's as a vegetarian option.

as if first are realy going to use leather, of course its all vinyl!

Status
Not open for further replies.