• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Earls Court Exhibition Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash Bridge

Established Member
Could any of you knowledgeable people here confirm the current situation at this former well known London venue; I realise that it hosted its very last event around the end of 2014 and the demolition contractors moved in quite rapidly after that, but did they retain any of the two main entrance facades or did the whole site get totally razed? Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pdq

Hadn't realised it had gone (though I have no reason to do so). I remember being taken to the Motorfair there in 1983 when I was 10. When did that event cease?

Busaholic

Veteran Member
They made sure that nothing could be retained by being granted 'immunity from English Heritage listing'. The part of Hammersmith and Fulham Council as soon as it became controlled by the Tories in all this is very significant, as subsequently was the part played by London's then Mayor, Boris Johnson (wonder what happened to him?) Razed to the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.