• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Early Christmas present - Class 87 released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

j_pilborough

Well I've converted it all to 256 color but now it's stopped working for me :roll:
There are fun times ahead...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
Just managed to download it and it works fine. Not bad for a first go!

devon_metro

Established Member
j_pilborough said:
I've released an updated version to fix the transparency problems on my site http://www.bve4.co.nr/.
Hope this helps.

?????
I'll stick to the 256 coulour version i have made, seems to work. Although atleast the handles don't have blue behind them. Althougth they have a shadow!

EDIT: Hold on the shadow is probably due to the night cab i made which must be in a different format.

Ascot

Established Member
I'm having the same problem, BUT i'v converted mine to 256, done that patch, looked in the panel config file to see if all the bmps are the same?

devon_metro

Established Member
On the 256 version you released something must have been chaged succesfully as the handles do not appear with the transparency box around them, so if you do what you did to them to the main cab then it should work fine! *fingers crossed*

Coxster

Established Member
dvn1357 said:
On the 256 version you released something must have been chaged succesfully as the handles do not appear with the transparency box around them, so if you do what you did to them to the main cab then it should work fine! *fingers crossed*
Change the transparency on the handles ;)

j_pilborough

If anyone still has problems with the latest version(rc2) please post your graphics card model, colour depth you are using, whether you are using 8 bit or 24 bit panel and what doesen't work.
Thanks! :)

devon_metro

Established Member
Using 24bit panel: SiS661FX 64Mb
Intel P4 3.00Ghz
512Mb RAM
Handles appear to work although there is a shadow(could be caused due to a night cab i created)
Windows are blue
Everthing else is fine (see screenshot above)

Nitro

Well I have to admit you have a terrific train there j_pilborough :!: On your new update the whole panel was white and all i could see was the brake and speedo needles, powerhandle and reverser. But then I just re-saved it with IrfanView to 256 colours and that was it!!! Now its perfect.

P.S. I only have one little moan for improvement and that is that the power handle animation could be better but apart from the brilliant train :!: :!:

j_pilborough

I would agree with you nitro the power handle is the biggest problem. You may have noticed I only did half of it as beyond that it was just too warped. There is little I can do about this unless I draw new frames from scratch. Most of the existing power handle animations(170,323,158 etc.) are sliders which are much easier to do.
One interesting solution to the problem of creating handles in many different positions is EPHERE at www.ibmr.net. You give to images and the angle they were taken at and it attempts to extrapolate a textured 3d model of the object which you can rotate at will. I haven't had a chance to play with this yet to see how effective or stable it is.

Harold

I have downloaded and tried it, What a great loco it is to drive on Maybank! Very good for a 1st version :D Nice one!!

Status
Not open for further replies.