• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Early Christmas present - Class 87 released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

j_pilborough

Hi, I've just released a Class 87 for BVE 4. This is the first release so it may have some mistakes in it, if so please report them back.
Features include:-

• Ultra-wide cab - look right across it!
    Working AWS & TPWS
    Animated switches & power handle
No night cab yet though!
You can get at it my site http://www.bve4.co.nr

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nitro

Coxster said:
Won't download :(

If you have XP with SP2 Windows firewall might be blocking it, check at the top of the the screen underneath the URL bar it might say a file has been blocked. Left click on it then click download file.

Coxster

Established Member
Nitro said:
Coxster said:
Won't download :(

If you have XP with SP2 Windows firewall might be blocking it, check at the top of the the screen underneath the URL bar it might say a file has been blocked. Left click on it then click download file.
Not dumb mate ;) I get an Error 404.

j_pilborough

Has anyone managed to download it? There should be a links as well as a javascript forwarder.

Guinness

Established Member
I've downloaded it. Just a ton of transparency problems in the cab! :(

nutter

I have followed both links, the first one XP blocks it and the second link downloads the folder but no train. By the screenshots it looks exellent. Could someone send it to me at

a121198 (at) tcat (dot) ac (dot) uk

Thanks in advance :D

Nitro

Im having HUGE transparency problems too I dont know if its my graphics card again but the whole cab is white so i cant see anything but a white box and alittle of the scenery on the top. Any ideas :?:

66's are evil

nutter, check your mail

nitro, my cab is nearly all blue!

I think this looks like a bodge, sounds seem to be the same as the bve 2 version

richa2002

Established Member
66's are evil said:
nutter, check your mail

nitro, my cab is nearly all blue!

I think this looks like a bodge, sounds seem to be the same as the bve 2 version

Don't be so harsh, at least he tried to make it and I'm sure he'll fix it quickly. The quality of the cab is fantastic. You can either be the driver or the second man :)

Met Driver

Established Member
It runs perfectly at my end. No transparency problems or anything like that. I have to say it isn't a bad effort considering it's only the first version! :)

Nitro

Well actually it is your graphics card :P you need to open the train in IrfanView and re-save the train with 256 colour then go to paint and use the colour filler with the normal blue to fill the blue bits, then it should work. Thats how I got the class 117 BETA to work :!:

j_pilborough

Thanks for the feedback everybody.
If XP blocks the download, just click the hyperlink on the download page instead.
Nitro, can you explain how I can fix the 'no transparency' problem in future versions so it will work on all computers/graphics cards?

devon_metro

Established Member
I would also advise you to make a night cab for it, but don't worry about it! A great train! I might actually make some night cabs for me :lol:

Nitro

j_pilborough said:
Thanks for the feedback everybody.
If XP blocks the download, just click the hyperlink on the download page instead.
Nitro, can you explain how I can fix the 'no transparency' problem in future versions so it will work on all computers/graphics cards?

Well I cant actually tell you how to make it work on all pcs or graphics cards but i can tell you how you can fix it :P . What I do is open the panel bitmap in Irfanview www.irfanview.com and click on the trapsparent bit then on image then decrease image quality (its near the bottom) and re-save it as 256 colours. Then open paint and use the colour filler and fill the transparent bit with the normal blue (middle of the bottom row) and save it. Then it SHOULD work ok. You may have to do the same with levers and light etc. Hope this helps :P

TAS

This isn't working for me, I've done every thing you said but it just doesn't work but the 117 beta did with out any work.
Thomas

Ca55ie

I got the same problems as dvn1357 as I told you on railchat. I don't have Infranviewer so what else will save as 256 colours?

Also, where can I grab a copy of this 117 BETA?

Sam

j_pilborough

I will release a '256 color' version in a few days time along with any other fixes I can think of in that time.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.