• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Early Morning Single Fare PBO to KGX

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNER 91128

On the 27th of this month I'm heading to Belgium for a couple of days (as some may have read) I'm leaving on the first train from St. Pancras at 6:49 so me and my mate are getting the 04:10 from Peterborough, but why is it £19.15 for a single at that time of the morning!? I normally pay £19.60 for a day return.

Of course we will pay but it just seems steep, would there be anyway to make it cheaper?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Are you travelling on Eurostar? If so you may be able to to get cheaper tickets to London International CIV+ or Londn Estar? Contact Eurostar domestic sales for further detail.

Others on the forum with more expertise should be along shortly.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Is that using a railcard? An Anytime Day Single (the only single ticket valid at that time) is a whopping £29.
Edit: ah yes, it is. Your £19.60 Daty Return is an off-peak day return. Due to the way they define it, any morning peak restriction on any line anywhere in the country, as far as I know, applies from the start of service that day. So that 0410 is officially a peak time train.

GNER 91128

Are you travelling on Eurostar? If so you may be able to to get cheaper tickets to London International CIV+ or Londn Estar? Contact Eurostar domestic sales for further detail.

Others on the forum with more expertise should be along shortly.

Thanks I'll see what I can find.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Is that using a railcard? An Anytime Day Single (the only single ticket valid at that time) is a whopping £29.
Edit: ah yes, it is. Your £19.60 Daty Return is an off-peak day return. Due to the way they define it, any morning peak restriction on any line anywhere in the country, as far as I know, applies from the start of service that day. So that 0410 is officially a peak time train.

Yeah that's with a railcard. To me it's crazy that 4am is considered peak but who am I to argue!?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
It looks like there is no difference with a CIV ticket.

I could say a massive £1.30 if I split at St. Neots.

Royston Vasey

Established Member
It looks like there is no difference with a CIV ticket.

I could say a massive £1.30 if I split at St. Neots.

No difference in price but certainly a difference in your rights. If your FCC or EC train is delayed, missing your connection and you have a CIV ticket, you are entitled to travel on a later Eurostar service. Ask at the station for a ticket to London International and be ready to show them your E* ticket to prove your entitlement.

34D

Established Member

But not to Huntingdon, where 2P51 arrives at 04:24 (the previous days' off peak ticket is valid).

There isn't really such a thing as a peak train or an offpeak train, as peak applies to flows and tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.