• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Earlybirds in London 13/-1/07

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian G

Established Member
My favourite Photo is
355699703_668541f356.jpg

Photos-
Cornish Riveria at Paddington
Highland Sleeper at Euston
Two of the new Bluebirds at Acton
47832 on Blue Pullman
A 350 on a Northampton Express
47712/47145 at Clapham Junction

Clicky

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Julian G

Established Member
Shame the 66s are blurred.

Yeh, If only if they came a little later, then it would be have been a great pic.
Will upload 442 Pic in a min. I saw Gizmogle,Tom,Jim and 960012 on the 15:00 Weymouth-Waterloo between Woking and Waterloo

Jim

Established Member
The 57's did the Cornish Riv. did they, that is booked HST :toothy2:

SPS

Julian G,

Wagons, coaches, wheels and the buffers are part of the train too. Why not try and get the whole train into the shot? And according to the computer of wonders, 5Z81 07:15 Old Oak Common to Derby (66727 top and tailed with 66726) were reported 20 odd minutes late past Acton West so were booked through in very weak light. Looking through the whole of your site (and there are some decent pictures), investing in a good book about composure and camera functions won't hurt you and if used correctly, will help you develop a technique and do wonders for you in the long run.

Skyler

RJ

Established Member
There are some incorrect captions;

The Cornish Riviera is the 0947 Penzance - Paddington and the 10:35 Paddington - Penzance which as Jim said is booked a pair of HSTs. Night Riviera is the sleeper.

The GBRF 66s were OOC - Derby not Landore.

47703 refused to start up at East Ham. The tour started at Willesden because the ECS was late as a result of 47703 failing.

Victa Railfreight doesn't own 47832

Why would a sleeper ECS be dragged to Wembley for servicing at Euston :???:

Comparision has been used in the wrong context in the pic of the 442s - difference would be a better word.

Julian G

Established Member
Julian G,

Wagons, coaches, wheels and the buffers are part of the train too. Why not try and get the whole train into the shot?
Will try and take the whole train into the shot in the future.
Looking through the whole of your site (and there are some decent pictures), investing in a good book about composure and camera functions won't hurt you and if used correctly, will help you develop a technique and do wonders for you in the long run.

Skyler

Basically it's the night pictures the camera has a problem with, like yesterday I went to Clapham J to play with the Exposure, I'll post the results here soon

devon_metro

Established Member
There are some incorrect captions;

The Cornish Riviera is the 0947 Penzance - Paddington and the 10:35 Paddington - Penzance which as Jim said is booked a pair of HSTs. Night Riviera is the sleeper.

The GBRF 66s were OOC - Derby not Landore.

47703 refused to start up at East Ham. The tour started at Willesden because the ECS was late as a result of 47703 failing.

Victa Railfreight doesn't own 47832

Why would a sleeper ECS be dragged to Wembley for servicing at Euston :???:

Comparision has been used in the wrong context in the pic of the 442s - difference would be a better word.

Eek why do 2 people have the same signature.

As for the Cornich Riviers being booked a pair of HSTs i think not...

RJ

Established Member
Eek why do 2 people have the same signature.

As for the Cornich Riviers being booked a pair of HSTs i think not...

I say a pair because there are two HST booked Cornish Rivieras which pass each other at some point.

Julian G

Established Member
P1060504.jpg

P1060506.jpg

P1060523.jpg

1 & 2, Camera was on a Cone.
3 , camera was on a Signal Telephone (thanks for Desiro Driver stopping , due to Red Signal on Platform 8 )
Photos used with the Highest Exposure on the Cam (no editing)

Status
Not open for further replies.