• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Easement 030209: hope valley stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

oddiesjack

Customers travelling from Hope, Hathersage, Bamford and Grindleford to Sheffield and beyond may travel via Dore. This easement applies in both directions.

I am struggling to see the point of this. Unless the "normal" route is to use a passing freight to go from any of these origin stations to Dronfield via the Dore West to Dore South curve then on to Sheffield, there aren't any alternative routes they could use.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
It is a Routeing Point easement - so the effect is that even if Sheffield would fail the fares check as a routeing point for a journey to/from any of these stations, it would still be permitted. I think it would be clearer if it said "may travel via Sheffield" rather than "may travel via Dore".

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
I have been looking into this a bit more. Before about 2013 there was a Sheffield routeing group and Dore was a member. So this easement would have had the effect of validating Sheffield Group as an appropriate routeing point. Since 2013 Dore is no longer part of a routeing group and as a result this easement seems to be totally ineffective; it should either be changed to say Sheffield instead of Dore, or should be deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.