• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Easements Guide (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
030007 - Journeys to and from Stapleton Road and Lawrence Hill may doubleback via Bristol Temple Meads.

It would appear that the above was erroneously removed and has since been reinstated.

When you put that journey into the online planner, it suggests some journeys changing at Temple Meads and says that multiple tickets may be required. Would the journey planning system override anything written in the Routeing Guide easements which may cause some problems at Temple Meads?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dan_atki

Established Member
In all honesty, the journey planning system *should* have all the easements built into itself - the NRG says so itself. If they don't then I believe the NRG is the more authoratative and any problems at BRI should result in a polite 'could you check that in the current NRG, please?'.

These easements should also be built into the TIS too and certainly they have the ability to specify a 'via' station when they issue the ticket (at least on STAR) and it would then say the valid ticket(s) to be issued before they actually are.

If you have any problems from FGW (and you don't have a print out of the easement with you!) then pay any excess you are charged and send a photocopy to their customer services with a printout of the easements for them to look into and refund accordingly (OK I know it'll be a minimal amount but it's the principle!) and send a copy too ATOC to for them to investigate...

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Thanks for your reply.

I'm rather annoyed having bought a FIT-BRI monthly ticket since January because I thought the easement had been removed due to the original list being erroneously truncated.
money2.gif

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Someone posted on uk.railway weeks/months ago after contacting ATOC, with a reply saying that the easements had not been removed and it was a mistake.

ATOC have no excuse for taking so long to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.