East Cheshire Bus News

Discussion in 'Buses & Coaches' started by 323235, 10 May 2013.

1. Shrimper

Shrimper Member

2. Paul Sidorczuk

Paul Sidorczuk Veteran Member

The very best part of rural Cheshire East.
    The 312 service last major re-routing did in fact see the main daytime service rerouted to serve the Stanley Green industrial estate by turning right at Earl Road from its route on Stanley Road, then up Epsom Avenue and Coppice Way, coming then round the back of the Marks and Spencer store, to arrive at its terminal point. This gave a service during the main day hours to the shoppers and the workers.

The matter of the route of the tendered evening services may well be as you say and will be in the tender documents.

Last edited: 16 Jun 2013
  3. Shrimper

Shrimper Member

I can't imagine the evening journeys changing - the hourly service at the moment can just about be done with a single vehicle for the entire evenings services thanks to the time saving from not serving the industrial estate (layover times are 1 minute at Stockport and about 3 at Handforth); unless TfGM wish to fund an additional vehicle with a lot of layover time I don't see it being likely to change. This is noted in the TfGM timetable for the service.

4. jcollins

jcollins Veteran Member

Cheshire East council have said the following regarding Bakerbus routes

5. Paul Sidorczuk

The regular 99 bus was always useful for people from Macclesfield to access the National Trust premises at Biddulph Grange without the need to make a change.

6. 323235

323235 Established Member

what frequency do you think High Peak will run as replacement for the Macclesfield-Congleton section?

Service 392/393 is also seeing changes,they have taken my suggestion to re-time both the 0720 and 1550 in addition to making paper changes to the 0715 and 0810 (until March this year it arrived in Stockport at 0905 and they are reversing it back).

7. Paul Sidorczuk

There is the service 38 to consider between Macclesfield and Congleton......do Arrive (Mon-Sat) and D & G (Sundays) have any changes in the pipeline ?

8. 323235

323235 Established Member

well the timetable has been released for the 39. xx00 (Macc) 0800-1700 with no 0800 or 1700 on saturdays. return at xx30. so 10 and 3 minutes before arriva. why couldn't they have timed xx40 and xx10 or perhaps xx35 and xx05 say. Would have given a near half hourly spread in both directions.

Having said that xx00 is one of the 99 current runs so obviously they were the most popular.

Last edited: 30 Jul 2013
  9. jcollins

jcollins Veteran Member

The D&G registrations look to have been approved. I've not seen any new High Peak ones come up other than the Hanley one.

10. Paul Sidorczuk

What is the official position on the Cheshire Connect liveried services of silver, green and yellow, as in Wilmslow yesterday, I saw an 88 running in this livery.

11. jcollins

jcollins Veteran Member

If you look closely at the Connect 88 branded buses (two Versas and one DART) they are slightly different to some of the other Cheshire Connect branded buses.

On the back of the bus instead of having the Cheshire East council logo, they have the Traveline logo and phone number.

If you look at the wording on the side of the buses it says "Cheshire Connect Owned and Operated by Vale Travel." On other buses that were given Cheshire Connect livery like the Wright Cadets that High Peak used to use on the 27 service the 'Owned and' bit isn't included so it said "Cheshire Connect Operated by Centerbus" in that instance.

The 88 route is still a Cheshire East council subsided service, as are the 130 Sunday and Bank Holiday service and RR3 that the Connect 88 buses also appear on. Although, the 27 route which the Connect 88 DART sometimes appears on is a commercial service but that normally gets a GHA branded DART or Solo despite being a Vale Travel route.

12. Paul Sidorczuk

It appears that Taxico (of Leek) have now taken over the operation of the service 108 (Macclesfield to Ashbourne/Ashbourne to Macclesfield) from Clowes Coaches with effect from 3rd September.

I wonder if we will now see buses other than elderly second-hand Arriva buses now on the service and a more modern fares recording system than the ruled pad and a ball-point pen.

13. martinsh

martinsh Established Member

The report I have is of an 07 reg Enviro 200 - ticketing not mentioned

14. Paul Sidorczuk

How long have Taxico been running service buses and how large is their fleet ?

15. martinsh

martinsh Established Member

Taxico / Aimees have been running bus services for at least 15 years. They used to have tendered and commercial services in the Leek and Chadle area (one ran into Stoke twice a week from what I recall), but recently they have only had schools services.

Fleet size is around 10.

16. johnnychips

johnnychips Established Member

Explain: I am intrigued!

17. Paul Sidorczuk

This has been what you have found at stance number 9 at Macclesfield Bus Station when the Clowes Coaches vehicle and driver were ready to allow passengers to embark upon the service 108...Macclesfield-Leek-Ashbourne.

18. Shrimper

Shrimper Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/guy_arab_uf/9638215114/

I'm always surprised step-entrance buses are permitted on tendered services. Having seen various fleet members in Macclesfield a few times they don't inspire confidence (though I'm not doubting they are mechanically sound!)

19. Paul Sidorczuk

Thanks for that print that shows the "second-hand Arriva" Clowes Coaches 108 bus when it was at Waterhouses. A pity that the "ruled pad and ball-point pen" method of fares recording cannot be seen to their best effect..<(

Last edited: 12 Sep 2013
  20. 34D

34D Established Member

For the small operators with just these tendered biddy services, a count of ENCTS passes is all you need. No point in spending on an ETM if not needed.