• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cheshire Bus News (was East Cheshire Bus News)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pemma

Veteran Member
High Peak's depot is at the wrong end of the Cat and Fiddle.

No idea why Howards suspended the 27, they said it was due to road conditions in the villages. The 27B route had a fallen tree on it but no idea why they didn't just run services direct between Knutsford and Chelford via the A537, there aren't exactly many passengers for Over Peover between the morning and evening peaks while there's a number of pensioners who rely on the 27 to get to hospital appointments.

pemma

Veteran Member
Surprised there's anyone using the 289 bus today. There's a very dirty W reg Dart running it with MP Travel logos and legal lettering (no obvious on hire notices) and when I saw it the destination display was showing both the wrong route number and wrong destination. However, despite that it did have a few passengers on board.

pemma

Veteran Member
D&G are to run a new 87 service which will be a circular route of Knutsford Bus Station-Lilac Avenue-Queensway-Manchester Road-Knutsford Bus Station with just two services per day Mon-Fri. It will be worked by the same vehicles and drivers which work the 88A service.

LOL The Irony

On Moderation
D&G are to run a new 87 service which will be a circular route of Knutsford Bus Station-Lilac Avenue-Queensway-Manchester Road-Knutsford Bus Station with just two services per day Mon-Fri. It will be worked by the same vehicles and drivers which work the 88A service.
What's the point of that then?

pemma

Veteran Member
What's the point of that then?

A token service for the pensioners who say they need a bus service going almost past their house in order to do their shopping - a bit like the single 27 service in each direction that goes via Beggarman's Lane

pemma

Veteran Member
The 47 times will be

09:12 Lymm Cross to Knutsford (arrives 09:35)
09:40 Knutsford to Warrington (arrives 10:29)
11:30 Warrington to High Legh (arrives 12:00)
12:05 High Legh to Warrington (arrives 12:39)
13:25 Warrington to Knutsford (arrives 14:10)
14:15 Knutsford to Lymm Cross (arrives 14:39)

pemma

Veteran Member
D&G Bus' Network Return is increasing to £5.50 and the Cheshire Weekly Ticket is being replaced by a Network Weekly Ticket (currently advertised as £15 adult or £13 young person.) Of note they are saying the Network Return will now also be accepted on High Peak services in the Macclesfield area.

pemma

Veteran Member
According to a post on another forum the reason the Metrocity has disappeared from the 289 for the past few weeks is because Cheshire West fined Howards for using vehicles on the 48 which don't comply with the contract, so they moved the Metrocity to the 48 route.

Last edited by a moderator:

LOL The Irony

On Moderation
According to a post on another forum the reason the Metrocity has disappeared from the 289 for the past few weeks is because Cheshire West fined Howards for using vehicles on the 48 which don't comply the contract, so they moved the Metrocity to the 48 route.
Oooooh. Also have you recived the stupidly over complicated new timetable for the 88 ect. yet?

pemma

Veteran Member
Also have you recived the stupidly over complicated new timetable for the 88 ect. yet?

I've picked up a copy of the Cheshire East version (the yellow A5 leaflet) which has a separate table for the 88 and 88A and makes no mention of the 87 service.

There's also a TfGM version which is set out better and includes a map plus the new 288 timetable: https://assets.ctfassets.net/nv7y93...3af62d916b16c080d6f7/18-0139_Bus_Times_88.pdf

There's also supposed to be a new D&G booklet being printed, which will presumably have the timetables in the same format as on their website.

pemma

Veteran Member
I notice Cheshire East haven't updated bus stop displays in Knutsford, hence the bus station is utter confusion this morning.

Danfilm007

Especially a pain now as the 88 takes two routes through Knutsford - we had to wait and see which was which at about 5 yesterday!

pemma

Veteran Member
Especially a pain now as the 88 takes two routes through Knutsford - we had to wait and see which was which at about 5 yesterday!

The bus stops in Knutsford have now had their times updated. I notice Cheshire East have decided on listing the services as 88 Altrincham and 88A Colshaw Drive, Wheelock Close - 99% of the people living in Knutsford will have no idea where latter is! 88 Altrincham via Wilmslow and 88A Wilmslow (Colshaw Farm) via Longridge Estate would be far more useful!

The 17:05 is an 88A so doesn't call at stops on Mobberley Road - the closest alternatives are Manor Park North/Lowe Drive, Longridge (opposite Trading Estate) and the lamp post by the 4 bungalows on Shaw Drive opposite St John's Court (despite the lack of a bus stop sign), the 17:35 is 88 so calls at the stops on Mobberley Road.

I've suggested the Shaw Heath Post Office stops should be moved to the other side of the Longridge Junction (closer to the Business Park) so that both the 88 and 88A stops at the same stop but apparently Cheshire East aren't going to bother to review if bus stops are in the best place or not.

LOL The Irony

On Moderation
The bus stops in Knutsford have now had their times updated. I notice Cheshire East have decided on listing the services as 88 Altrincham and 88A Colshaw Drive, Wheelock Close - 99% of the people living in Knutsford will have no idea where latter is! 88 Altrincham via Wilmslow and 88A Wilmslow (Colshaw Farm) via Longridge Estate would be far more useful!

The 17:05 is an 88A so doesn't call at stops on Mobberley Road - the closest alternatives are Manor Park North/Lowe Drive, Longridge (opposite Trading Estate) and the lamp post by the 4 bungalows on Shaw Drive opposite St John's Court (despite the lack of a bus stop sign), the 17:35 is 88 so calls at the stops on Mobberley Road.

I've suggested the Shaw Heath Post Office stops should be moved to the other side of the Longridge Junction (closer to the Business Park) so that both the 88 and 88A stops at the same stop but apparently Cheshire East aren't going to bother to review if bus stops are in the best place or not.
Or tell d&g to scrap the 88a and use a smaller bus on the 300...

pemma

Veteran Member
Or tell d&g to scrap the 88a and use a smaller bus on the 300...

If they scrap the 88A then Wilmslow-Knutsford will go hourly with a 90 minute gap in the morning peak because someone at Cheshire East thought the 188 service should be operated by the same vehicles that operate the 88 contract.

I'm also not sure a smaller bus will be more practical. I've seen a 33 seater Streetlite operating the 300 with standing room only and I've also seen 300 services running empty. The 300 could also be subject to severe late running whenever there was an accident on the M6 and all the M6 traffic tried to use the A50, so I think running a half-hourly service with a single bus is the main issue, not whether the bus has 15 seats or 50 seats.

LOL The Irony

On Moderation
If they scrap the 88A then Wilmslow-Knutsford will go hourly with a 90 minute gap in the morning peak because someone at Cheshire East thought the 188 service should be operated by the same vehicles that operate the 88 contract.

I'm also not sure a smaller bus will be more practical. I've seen a 33 seater Streetlite operating the 300 with standing room only and I've also seen 300 services running empty. The 300 could also be subject to severe late running whenever there was an accident on the M6 and all the M6 traffic tried to use the A50, so I think running a half-hourly service with a single bus is the main issue, not whether the bus has 15 seats or 50 seats.
The main problem with it being empty only happened at night

pemma

Veteran Member
The main problem with it being empty only happened at night

Daytime ones could run around empty as well. The night ones could vary quite a lot, when Tomlinson Travel ran the night ones they put on duplicate services when the fun fair was on as they regularly got more than 16 passengers and their minibuses could only hold 16.

pemma

Veteran Member
Well the 188 ends at the end of July.

Are you certain on that? Withdrawing free travel isn't the same as the bus service no long running. I also heard parents are to get financial support to cover bus journeys in the winter, when there's dark mornings and evenings with the B5085 not being lit for the entire length.

pemma

Veteran Member
D&G have updated their fleetlist so that no vehicles are officially allocated to Wincham but it has a footnote saying some Crewe allocated vehicles might be operating Wincham depot routes. There's an ex-Go Goodwins Solo and a Solo M880 on the 88A this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.