• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Coast "£25 First Class sale"

Status
Not open for further replies.

lm321412

Evening,

Can anyone actually get these tickets?

I am trying to book for next month and i'm finding nothing, just normal weekday 1st tickets which run into £xxx's.

Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

theblackwatch

Established Member
What time are you attempting to travel? I found that from York to London, there was nothing before 10am.

calc7

Established Member
Nearly every train available on my search!
Are you sure you're using the link on the homepage? It opens up a pink box rather than a blue one.

lm321412

Nearly every train available on my search!
Are you sure you're using the link on the homepage? It opens up a pink box rather than a blue one.

I am using the correct pink link yes, it just seems the days im choosing must be popular dates (I can now get First in one direction)

Hopefully will get some luck tomorrow...

paddy1

Evening,

Can anyone actually get these tickets?

I am trying to book for next month and i'm finding nothing, just normal weekday 1st tickets which run into £xxx's.

Cheers

Have just booked £25 first class tickets on 0800 Kings Cross to Edinburgh on Monday 30 April, returning 1700 on Tuesday 1 May. The £25 tickets were available on nearly every service on both days. There were also loads of them available on selected other dates either side of the ones I booked.

The link you need is www.eastcoast.co.uk/25. You then input your required times and dates on the panel which appears on the left.

When I checked the fares for the above journies on the normal east coast website they showed a fare of £62.50 each way, so the £25 each way offer represents quite a substantial saving

Last edited:
I might have to take advantage of this offer ;).

I was going to plan a trip to York in May to visit the National Railway Museum in York and this works out cheaper than a standard class advance or anything on PRIV.

calc7

Established Member
I might have to take advantage of this offer ;).

I was going to plan a trip to York in May to visit the National Railway Museum in York and this works out cheaper than a standard class advance or anything on PRIV.

Get yourself on one of the xx30s that stop at PBO otherwise I guarantee you will be extremely disappointed with the level of "First Class service" you get.

garnon

London - Inverness £25

Inverness - London £35 on the seated sleeper.

Not a bad way to spend 'an afternoon' off work !

mralexn

London - Inverness £25

Inverness - London £35 on the seated sleeper.

Not a bad way to spend 'an afternoon' off work !

True, but still, Inverness is a very beautiful city, I could not simply go all that way only to spend 47 mins there :P

What are the seats like on the sleeper? is it a nice "environment" ?

Get yourself on one of the xx30s that stop at PBO otherwise I guarantee you will be extremely disappointed with the level of "First Class service" you get.

To be honest, I'd be happy as long as I get a comfy seat and a cup of tea ;).
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Just booked the tickets, 10:30 to York on the 11th May and the 17:30 from York back to London on the 14th May. Nice way to fill up a long weekend.

I found the £25 tickets for nearly every service available. So £50 for a 1st class return journey, not too bad really <:D

LondonJohn

I took a Wednesday and Thursday off work and am heading to Edinburgh with this offer. Virtually every train apart from the 10am from London and every train back on Thursday.

Nice midweek trip 2 days off work and I am hoping a good breakfast and afternoon tea service.

LondonJohn

Has anybody had their tickets for this promotion through the post yet ?

I am sure the booking email said allow 5 working days. Travel for me isnt for another 6 weeks but should I chase East Coast

MKD

Has anybody had their tickets for this promotion through the post yet ?

I am sure the booking email said allow 5 working days. Travel for me isnt for another 6 weeks but should I chase East Coast

Mine arrived within a couple of days and they were for right at the end of May - ie don't imagine WHEN they are dated for makes any difference to the input to their printing machines.
(OT: London Midland sale tickets have been arriving next day very reliably.)

cav1975

Although shown as being printed on the 18th March, mine only came a couple of days ago.

Tomonthetrain

Established Member
Mine came last weekend and are now tucked up safely in a vt ticket wallet along with the tickets and reserved seats for the positioning journeys

Mine were posted about a week after ordering (even though my order confirmation said 24 hours .)

My tickets are now safely tucked away with all my other travel passes :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.