• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Coast 1st Class Lounges

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRAINLINCS

Could someone please tell me what "refreshments" and other services are provided in East Coast 1st Class Lounges so that I can decide whether a supplement for 1st Advance tickets would be of value.I am particularly interested in Kings Cross and Edinburgh Waverley.Thank you.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
If you would like to look at EC's website under 'Our Destinations' here, you should see a drop-down box from which you can select your station of interest, from where you will see a list of facilities including "First Class Lounges".

I've just done that for Newcastle to see how detailled the information is, and here it is:
Refreshments

Complimentary: tea/coffee/hot chocolate/orange juice/water/ biscuits

I hope this helps

In my own view, the decision to travel in First or Standard on EC is based on other factors: the expected level of loading (how busy it is), the likely catering offer in First, the time of day and the mood I am in at the time (sociable in busy Standard or quiet in 6-to-a-coach and as much table space as an office for 20 people would need in First). Others I work with argue that the charge for Wi-Fi in Standard justifies travelling in First; I use the same argument using the price of coffee.

Last edited:

Lee_Again

Except you won't get in on an Advance ticket.

You'll need to pay a £5 supplement.

Click here.

Sorry - just read your post again. Properly this time.

I'll get my coat.

Also, should have said. Welcome to the forum. You'll get excellent advice on here. Especially when people read the question before posting an answer.

bengolding

Both lounges at Kings Cross and Edinburgh are hidden away, one up a lift and the other up a flight of stairs. Unlike before, both are now a self-serve facility with only Kings Cross allowing you to order food/drink from their menu. I do like the spacious Edinburgh lounge which is a haven of peace and tranqulity away from the chaos of Wavreley below. Usually full of American tourists or old dears whenever I visit!

amcluesent

KGX you could expect tea/coffee, OJ, apple & cranberry, cans of soft drinks, bottles of water, fruit basket, biscuits, Muffin/cheese twists in the morning, newspaper, free wi-fi, News 24. All food brands as on the FC trolley.

Status
Not open for further replies.