• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Coast 43072

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
That has got to be the least thorough livery change ever! ...Well, after the South Central slammers...

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I'm going to be honest EC would have been better off giving me a tin of silver paint and an afternoon alone with that 43072, I might not have finished the job off in one go but it would have looked better than that!

Failed Unit

Established Member
That has got to be the least thorough livery change ever! ...Well, after the South Central slammers...

Never went on any of the Central trains units then ;) The ex TPE and ex MML trains had similar treatment. In fact it is normal to do this when you take over a unit. I remember Lincoln Central could see 11 different liveries!

HST Power

Established Member
You know, I actually like it! It's quite bold and impressive.

But I'll get my coat just in case!

PaulW

What's the fuss about? They're hardly going to give it a proper paint job overnight and let it rub off at high speed....

Next major exam (ie. one that will keep it out of traffic for a few days) and it will probably be repainted.

ushawk

Established Member
Doesnt look good, but as its probably short-term then it will do.

Probably come back round in a few years that it in fact wasnt short-term :lol:

lm321412

So.

People would moan if they cancelled a service to paint it

People would moan if it still had East Midlands Trains logos

People are moaning now it has temporary East Coast logos.

Endless amounts of TOCs have applied logos to their stock as a quick, short term solution. I do not see the fuss.

Skimble19

Established Member
As long as they got some attention - they're in a right state compared to when they were in NSE livery!

As for that 43.. surprised they didn't use the same ones as the rest, perhaps it wouldn't have shown up? Gotta laugh at that A though :lol:

HST Power

Established Member
I'd also like to see a 365 in Virgin Trains colours, as well as Grand Central!

Status
Not open for further replies.