• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Coast First Class service

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonsjh

Got the weekend first upgrade over Easter. This was the state of the headrest cover - about one third were in this condition or similar. This is a major UK line in the world's Olympic city but someone actually put these on the seats and thought they were acceptable! The covers looked like they had just spent a month being used by Bear Grylls in the Amazon, rather than a few days going between Leeds and London. How can East Coast consider this acceptable? This was the 0952 out of Kings Cross.

Also, the wifi was down, there were clumsy and bored staff and tired 'free' sandwiches that were counting the hours to the end of their use by date.

It was all pretty unimpressive.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    167.7 KB · Views: 72
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bnm

Established Member
Welcome simonsjh.

The state of that antimacassar is shocking. But rather like the catering it would appear that the laundry budget on EC has also been pared to the bone. :roll:

Suggest you send that picture to East Coast's Customer Services.

See http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=44279 for the continuing debate about East Coast's woeful 1st Class service. Best start from the last post and work back....

simonsjh

Many thanks - yes, I spent a good while yesterday looking at the thread on the food served in East Coast First Class - all very interesting. And true.

I sent the photo to customer relations yesterday. For me, it says something cultural about the company. If the staff don't care about things like that, you know you're in trouble.

The service was chaotic, clumsy, unprofessional and grubby. The train itself made me late. It was an embarrassment to the UK's rail heritage. East Coast presumably have been trying to get more people to use First - my experience has put me right off. It has no class, let alone first class.

bnm

Established Member
I'm sure I won't be alone in saying it would be great to hear East Coast's response to your picture of the antimacassar.

mralexn

Im sorry but i find the East Coast first class to be excellent.
Compared to what I am used to anyway (First Great Western + Crosscountry)

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I'm sure I won't be alone in saying it would be great to hear East Coast's response to your picture of the antimacassar.

Yes I'd like to second that, please do tell us what EC have to say.

Im sorry but i find the East Coast first class to be excellent.

As Matt says EC's first class service is good, in theory, however in practice the lack of consistency of delivery is truly terrible. I've travelled several times when it's been wonderful but I've also travelled several times when it's been well below par. I'd also say that if you're travelling northbound from Newcastle or southbound from Inverness/Aberdeen the service also tends to be consistent in being poor every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.