• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Coast franchise discussion (Previously: Rumour VT/Stagecoach to win)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon0844

Veteran Member
To be fair the last time he did have a point!

I suspect that as long as the DfT haven't dropped any clangers (and I would imagine if there is even a single brain cell in the DfT this will be watertight) he will express disappointment and leave it at that.

I think he'll actually say nothing at all, although the media may well seek a comment just because it will make for good copy.

While common sense that Virgin's stake (however small) would have meant Virgin branding on the route, Virgin wasn't already operating it so it hasn't 'lost' in the same way.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Masboroughlad

Established Member
Late Look North has just been on. They said a decision in the morning - mentioned all three bids and no sniff of a favourite!

westv

Established Member
I wonder if the new franchise will have a new website. If so I assume we'll wait and see what we need to do to make sure we don't lose any saved orders come March.

GrimsbyPacer

Established Member
Late Look North has just been on. They said a decision in the morning - mentioned all three bids and no sniff of a favourite!

There's three Look North's. It was the North East and Cumbria version which mentioned favourites judging fron the poster's location. The Look North's for Lincs, Yorks and Humberside are different.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Sorry I forget there are some other Look 'Norths' mascaraing about the place. The proper Look North (i.e. North East and Cumbria) was the version I was reporting on. Should have clarified that at the beginning :oops:

westv

Established Member
There's three Look North's. It was the North East and Cumbria version which mentioned favourites judging fron the poster's location. The Look North's for Lincs, Yorks and Humberside are different.

Humberside? Never heard of it. :p:D

Masboroughlad

Established Member
It gets to the stage where it becomes tedious waiting for a decision! It is almost becoming a bit of a media spectacle. Maybe an X Factor approach would be more appropriate....

'Virgin, Stagecoach - well you certainly look good. Your image is appealing and you put on a good show, but can you deliver longer term?'

'First - I have seen it all before. The public like you, but you lack that sparkle. Yes you can run buses, your efforts on FGW are commendable, but could you shine under the East Coast spotlight?'

'Eurostar - well you are the darkhorse. Maybe you can bring some continental spark to our railways?'

Over to you Louis...... DEADLOCK - let the DfT decide!

We all just need a well run, national network that serves the country.... (of which East Coast is a part). No more show and hyped up competition please.

GrimsbyPacer

Established Member
Humberside? Never heard of it. :p:D

The BBC Look North in my area uses the BBC radio Humberside buildings in Grimsby and Hull (it was called so before county was made). And covers both banks of the Humber. I just used the name as it best describes the coverage. This Look North is also picked up in Norfolk.
It didn't mention rail in my area.

The BBC Look North in my area uses the BBC radio Humberside buildings in Grimsby and Hull (it was called so before county was made). And covers both banks of the Humber. I just used the name as it best describes the coverage. This Look North is also picked up in Norfolk.
It didn't mention rail in my area.

North Norkfolk I believe, Hunstanton and Kings Lynn can pick it up, depends on which way your ariel is facing, Belmont (Lincs) has a powerful output

Suppose with Hunstanton being 15 miles away from Skegness its understandable

Status
Not open for further replies.