• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Coast IEP Electric Option

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichmondCommu

Established Member
I never mentioned anything about windows! I was merely pointing out that passengers tend to like table seats and that for long distance journeys comfort should come above capacity.

Unless you can't get a seat and are forced to stand. In which case getting a seat for your hard earned wonga wins every time.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cjmillsnun

Established Member
I don't think i'm going to base my opinion on what operates the ECML intercity services based on looks thanks...

A lot of passengers do base their opinion on looks. One reason a lot of people seem to like Pendos and Vomiters. They look modern and fast.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
HSTs and mark 4s have cheerfully been refitted with one socket per 2 seats throughout Standard.

Which had a lot of spare capacity as they never achieved their design potential.

I'd agree with that on the Mk4s/91s (they originally were designed for 140MPH and also had extra transformer capacity for tilt), however the HSTs have always been used to their design potential.

I don't think i'm going to base my opinion on what operates the ECML intercity services based on looks thanks...

I agree, and I'm surprised that TRAXX hasn't been more popular given the desire on here for more loco-hauled trains. Though I guess it's loco for loco in this case...but still!

SkinnyDave

Established Member
One thing I forgot to mention in my original post was the suggestion in same article of the Eurostar units being used as on ECML..

I'd vote for that :D

Status
Not open for further replies.