• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Coast Jobs for the Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alexdodds

Established Member
I applied for one of them but I have no idea if my application has been received. Because when I pressed the submit button it just refreshed straight away.

After talking with East Coast after the last online forum session, it is being handled by an agency, so you could contact them to see if they've received it.

Adam_Harrison

I applied for the Newcastle vacency around 10ish last night and recieved a phone call at around 1050 today and a test to fill in at around 12pm. Dealt with by spring personel if anyone is interested :D

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Interesting that both Eurostar and Southeastern Trains are paying £12 per hour for similar work during the games, yet 'state owned' East Coast are paying considerably less than the Living Wage, both inside London (£8.30) and outside of it (£7.20), and are only slightly above the minimum wage.

Clip

Established Member
Interesting that both Eurostar and Southeastern Trains are paying £12 per hour for similar work during the games, yet 'state owned' East Coast are paying considerably less than the Living Wage, both inside London (£8.30) and outside of it (£7.20), and are only slightly above the minimum wage.

That is pretty poor form from them there.

Clip

Established Member
Its an Agency.. They will pocket the remainder

Stil though - they have the power to tell them how much they pay - as we are doing for the staff we are recruiting. Because we dont want **** staff who are there just to pick up a cheque.

Pay people well and you will get a good return from them. I can see EC getting enough complaints as their staff wont care.

Status
Not open for further replies.