• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Coast - Jobs for the olympics / East Coast Olympic timetable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bayum

Established Member
Does anyone have any idea of the turn around time between interviews and finding out about a potential place?

I have been told judging by my mock interview this afternoon that I should have no trouble getting a place; however I have potential voluntary places relating to youth trips and school outings as part of my PGCE application process if I don't get the job. This leads me onto my next question;

What are east coast's plans so far with regards to timetables? I have been told that potentially, the staff taken on between the interviews starting at York, and July, that more than likely, the applicants will be on the early/first trains, (my case being Leeds) or the very last trains, depending on the shifts chosen.As such, I am curious as to just how early/late east coast are planning on running trains, just so I can get an idea thus.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Does anyone have any idea of the turn around time between interviews and finding out about a potential place?

I have been told judging by my mock interview this afternoon that I should have no trouble getting a place; however I have potential voluntary places relating to youth trips and school outings as part of my PGCE application process if I don't get the job. This leads me onto my next question;

What are east coast's plans so far with regards to timetables? I have been told that potentially, the staff taken on between the interviews starting at York, and July, that more than likely, the applicants will be on the early/first trains, (my case being Leeds) or the very last trains, depending on the shifts chosen.As such, I am curious as to just how early/late east coast are planning on running trains, just so I can get an idea thus.

When i worked For EC,

a 05.05 Train out of leeds Would be a 04.20 Book on

And Last Train Out of London Is Around 23.30 Arriving into Leeds )02.05

Bayum

Established Member
Thanks for the reply, however that doesn't tell me the 'new' added trains east coast are wanting to run.

I didn't realise that booking on time was only 45 minutes however.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
And Last Train Out of London Is Around 23.30 Arriving into Leeds )02.05

Normally that would be the last train but during The Olympics the last train from Kings Cross to Leeds departs at 0045 and then runs set down only all the way to Leeds at 0305.

Bridge189

Bearing in mind the first interviews aren't until the 18th of June and the start dates still miles away I doubt even Spring have got that far yet. There is stil ample time as the advert is still up.

Bayum

Established Member
Bearing in mind the first interviews aren't until the 18th of June and the start dates still miles away I doubt even Spring have got that far yet. There is stil ample time as the advert is still up.

That's what I thought...

But my assessor told me that she had already sent a few through interviews at the York academy already.

Plus, the start dates are indeed miles away, but when you look at the assessment and start dates - doesn't give anyone much to work with when they're unsure as to whether they will get through or not.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
During the Olympics there's a first train out of Leeds at 0407, arriving London 0653. I may be on it a couple of times.

The additional late trains from London are 0001 (arr 0220) and (as mentioned) 0045 (arr 0305).

On Saturdays the late trains are 0005 (arr 0223) and 0050 (arr 0310) with the early one to London at 0444 (arr 0714) - a whole 21 minutes before the normal first one.

On Sundays there's early trains to London at 0630 (arr 0851) and 0700 (arr 0925) with the late ones up being 0005 (arr 0223) and 0045 (arr 0303).

Pumbaa

Established Member
I know one job load of assessments in York has already been done. But I was under the impression it was a dry run for the assessment centres to come, which will be a rolling week and a bit long programme.

Bridge189

That's what I thought...

But my assessor told me that she had already sent a few through interviews at the York academy already.

Plus, the start dates are indeed miles away, but when you look at the assessment and start dates - doesn't give anyone much to work with when they're unsure as to whether they will get through or not.

I think the fact that you have already spoken to an assessor is a good thing as many won't have. I think Leeds might be short of crew in general which is possibly why they have contacted you/interviewed early.

Status
Not open for further replies.