• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Coast MkIII Coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveP29

Was travelling Edinburgh- Newcastle this evening, there was a broken down 91 just north of Berwick (next to Magdalene Fields Golf Club), Thunderbird in attendance.

Obviously trains were stopped and slowed in the area and werre more frequent going north (being as they were all delayed)

Anyway, I noticed when the HST's were passing us (3 of them during the journey) I noticed black below the windoes. Being as I was on the coast side of the train, by the time I could get up and have a look, they were passed us.

Have some/ all of the EC MkIII coaches had a paint job lately?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LE Greys

Established Member
Below the windows or a black band enclosing the windows? If the latter, it might be the Midland set, which is still in Stagecoach EMT livery, I believe. This incorporates a black band surrounding the windows to make it look as though they are blended into one (a bit pointless with the contrasting-colour doors). I don't know of any EC sets that have been repainted into 'silver jubilee' livery yet, although some power cars have, including the Midland power cars.

This set retains its IC-70 seats, so I'm always pleased when I see it waiting at Aberdeen.

SteveP29

That set passed me after I alighted my connection at Chester le Street.

I couldn't really see that well, as I say, and they all just looked like they'd had a big black band painted (vinyl'd??) under the windows

Status
Not open for further replies.