• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Coast online bicycle reservations

Status
Not open for further replies.
East Coast website says:
Reserving your cycle

Please be sure to reserve your cycle onto the train of your choice before you travel by:
1. Book online and request a cycle reservation at the same time

When booking via this website, cycle reservations can be requested as part of the booking process.
If a cycle space is not available for your chosen service, this will be flagged and you will be requested to select an alternative service.

But I can't actually find how to do it. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
Booking a space for a bicycle is done on the screen / page after selecting the time and ticket type & cost (which you complete by clicking on 'Buy Now').

The next screen / page lets you confirm the date, times, prices etc. and beneath those is a sections called 'Seating Preferences'. Immediately beneath those are 2 clickable labels: 'assistance request' and 'bicycle space'.
If you click 'bicycle space' that section expands and allows you to select the number of spaces you wish to book (which will be no more than the number of passengers you had selected).

jopsuk

Veteran Member
of course, if you've got cycle reservations on both the EC service and a connecting service, return, you can end up with a ticket tsunami:
attachment.php

marks87

Established Member
I got an East Coast cycle reservation for the first time last year, and I thought it was quite cute that my bike was allocated a "seat". In "coach A", no less...

Status
Not open for further replies.