• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Coast (or whoever ) ticket advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmt4ever

Hey.. Everyone!!

Firstly thanks in advance for any help.

Looking to travel with mother from Edinburgh to London though she's leaving the train at Donaster.

Although I have a priv for cheap tickets, I have 500'reward points, so imagine I can get a free journey.

She doesn't have any discount cards.

What's the best way to go about getting a first class journey. Wanna sit together, only travel on one train her leaving at Doncaster me continuing to Kings X. Also what freebies will we get?

It seems we can't get to book journeys for that date yet. Any idea when we will be able to ??

Ta

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Although I have a priv for cheap tickets, I have 500'reward points, so imagine I can get a free journey.
450 points for a free 1st class ticket.
What's the best way to go about getting a first class journey.
If it's a weekend you could use your PRIV and pay £25 weekend first, while she uses a Rewards ticket.

But its hard to say if that will be the "best way" though; it may be cheaper for you to use Rewards yourself and book her an Advance.
Wanna sit together,
The EC website lets you choose your seat (unless there is only one ticket available at that price!)
Also what freebies will we get?
No idea as we don't know the date/time of travel, but you can get the answer here:
http://www.eastcoast.co.uk/the-east-coast-experience/first-class/menu/

Refer to the timetable to see which option is available on your preferred train(s).

For other peoples experiences, see East Coast First Class service
It seems we can't get to book journeys for that date yet. Any idea when we will be able to ??
No idea as we don't know the travel date, but you can sign up for an alert, and the EC website says how far ahead you can book, but bookings are now being opened up to 24 week for Edinburgh-London (not Edinburgh-Doncaster, which remains at up to 12 weeks ahead at present).

rmt4ever

Also have used booked some first class EC travel how long does it take for reward points to appear on my account ?

rmt4ever

Ps it was AP tickets, so non refundable.

Also thanks for the link to food stuff, Sunday don't look too good lol! Any chance it could change with the incoming TOC take over?

ASharpe

If you only purchased AP tick in a transaction then they should appear the next day it.

In my opinion using rewards points for weekend first class is a bit of a waste. I only use mine on trains with a good meal service and drinks.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
They're on sale for March 1st already if booking Edinburgh-London, and will go on sale tomorrow if booking Edinburgh-Doncaster.
Also thanks for the link to food stuff, Sunday don't look too good lol! Any chance it could change with the incoming TOC take over?
Yes, it is possible. Virgin might replace the current offer with their miniature snack box (described by Christian Woolmar in a recent issue of Rail magazine as "food for 4 year olds") and they might not have an at-seat service.

But I'd expect the inevitable downgrades to take place later than 1st of March.

rmt4ever

They're on sale for March 1st already if booking Edinburgh-London, and will go on sale tomorrow if booking Edinburgh-Doncaster.

Yes, it is possible. Virgin might replace the current offer with their miniature snack box (described by Christian Woolmar in a recent issue of Rail magazine as "food for 4 year olds") and they might not have an at-seat service.

But I'd expect the inevitable downgrades to take place later than 1st of March.

Thanks for that

Status
Not open for further replies.