East Coast points scheme

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by Lee_Again, 2 Dec 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jon0844

jon0844 Veteran Member

Same year the Pacers finally get replaced, possibly.

2. DaveNewcastle

DaveNewcastle Established Member Fares Advisor

Then there really will be cause for a celebration!
    (By those of us well over a hundred years old who still remain here!)

3. 142094

142094 Established Member

Don't be silly - they'll still be around when we have invented flying cars...

4. CompactDstrxion

CompactDstrxion Member

Apparently now 500pts can be converted to a standard return ticket or 900pts for two people, unsure if old news.

5. Bungle73

Bungle73 Established Member

Been known about for ages. Don't remind the people here about it though; that used to be the deal to get FC tickets. :P

6. amcluesent

amcluesent Member

Well my jinx from EC Rewards looks set to continue. After being too ill to travel when I used by first 500 points, I used another 500 to book PBO-EDB out Sat back Sun.

Now it looks like EC will be rammed with WCML diverts if they close the line at Bletchley for repairs and/or I'll be stuck for hours in a freezing carriage when ECML's OHLE gets ripped down during the ice storm on Sunday.

I was prepared to endure Pandora & Tarquin Smythe-Hamilton and his rugger bugger chums in FC, but this will surely be a trip to forget!:cry:

Last edited: 3 Feb 2012
  7. Deerfold

Deerfold Established Member

How did it go?

8. amcluesent

amcluesent Member

Just at DON, so don't want to risk a reply yet...but it's certainly barely over 60 in the carriage!

Edit Fair play to EC, just 5 mins delayed into PBO. By anticipating the worst, the reality was actually OK, even with the snow starting on Saturday...

[​IMG]

Last edited: 5 Feb 2012
  9. Bungle73

3, 6 and 12 month lounge passes coming soon, according to an email I just received.

10. Lee_Again

Lee_Again Member

So...just reached 2804 points. 2 pairs of 1st Class tickets. Thank you East Coast.

Just looking at the RedSpotted... loyalty scheme. Did I read it right? 2800 points would give me £28. What sort of incentive is that? My 4 1st Class tickets equates to at least £400.

11. Bungle73

No it would give you £280. 100 points is worth £1.

12. Clip

Clip Established Member

Im wondering if this rewards scheme is ever going to be as good as the cashback deals on offer from southern?

I can understand people wanting a bit of respite in the first class lounge once every so often but you still have to spend an awful lot to be able to get your voucher..

has anyone done a comparison with them yet? I see Southern are giving you 6% atm which isnt bad and seems better value on a ticket then a rest in a first class lounge

13. Lee_Again

Lee_Again Member

but the T&C's say

Each e-voucher will entitle the recipient to the same value in loyalty points. Each Loyalty Point is worth 1p, therefore a £10 e-voucher amounts to a total of 1000 loyalty points to be redeemed against the cost of future UK train travel with redspottedhanky.com.

What am I missing?

14. Bungle73

That's an e-voucher you get given somehow, like the £5 ones they just gave away.

Therefore 100 points is worth £1.
    --- old post above --- --- new post below ---
    filler

15. SickyNicky

SickyNicky Established Member

I know my maths is dodgy, but last time I looked 2800 / 100 = 28 not 280.

16. shinkansen1966

shinkansen1966 Established Member

Be interesting to see if the rewards scheme will continue when East Coast is refranchised.

17. Bungle73

Ah........

This is what comes of trying to juggle several different threads on separate forums at the same time. :oops:

18. maddeningcrowds

maddeningcrowds Member

The instructions for the first class lounge pass mention printing out the pass and then refers to the "holder of the pass".

Has anyone tried doing this electronically e.g. on smart phone or ipad? I personally can't see what difference it makes whether you print it out or not.

I'm hoping I can decide much closer to the time whether to redeem my points or not, but by the time I can decide I won't have access to a printer.

19. Bungle73

20. lyesbkz

lyesbkz Member

Interestingly (but unsurprisingly) the 3-, 6- and 12-month passes are not "Print at Home"

I tried it at King's Cross a couple of months ago and had no problems. I was going to ask whether it would be ok, however to be honest the bloke manning the desk didn't even look at it, when he heard the word 'lounge' he interrupted and just said "go ahead then" (without even a glance at the pass on my phone's screen)

These actually don't seem too bad, especially compared to the (now) extortionate "£5 per lounge" policy for passengers who already hold a 1st Advance ticket!

Finally, I don't see these new Passes in the list of Rewards to select from once logged in (although maybe that's just because I don't have enough points!) I wonder if they'll ever start selling these for money, like EMT..

Last edited: 20 Mar 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.