• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Coast problems in the North

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there's overhead line problems at Doncaster and a broken down train north of Newcastle. Could be a lovely evening for me! Currently awaiting 18.35 northbound at York. Showing 15 late. 17.51 northbound is 53 minutes late. There's going to be two East Coast trains and one XC heading northbound all within the same ten minutes.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tsr

Established Member
The way we're crawling through East Lothian right now, I might be cursing a narrowly-avoided 60-minute delay.

This forum is probably one of very few places on the planet where we actually enjoy waiting for a train to be confirmed as heavily delayed, just so we can see how much money flows back to us... <D

attics26

south end of the line today - line closed due to person hit by 0705 London Leeds service at St Neots.

applepie2100

Sympathies to all involved (seems to be becoming a well used phrase these days)

I'm on my first day of an ALR and was going to head from GLQ to EDB then take the ECML to Kings Cross, rather glad I decided to take the WCML instead now.

Johnny Lewis

The northbound Highland Chieftain was 33 mins late leaving York yesterday, but still managed to arrive 10 minutes early into Inverness. For 5 minutes or so, Inverness station looked like a "proper" mainline Inter-city station, with the Up Sleeper waiting to depart from platform 1 as the Chieftain rolled into platform 2. Always a pleasure to see!

Status
Not open for further replies.