• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Coast Problems in the South

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposed to be going up to Leeds today for work, but apparently there are serious problems between Peterborough and London at this moment due to someone being hit by a train in the St Neots area (St Neots station closed).
Going to drive to Retford and see how long the wait is for a train via Donny and then assess do I wait or do I drive.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trc666

At the moment it's up to 90 minute delays, London Underground, East Midlands Trains and Virgin Trains accepting tickets by reasonable routes.

tsr

Established Member
All lines have been open for a while, but St Neots is closed, for obvious reasons. I've seen a lot of praise for their staff, but it still must be awful for them, emergency services and the driver, plus all the witnesses. I understand this unfortunately happened in front of a lot of passengers waiting for a train at around 0740hrs. It sounds like two trains have been involved, with one apparently having had its windows shattered somehow due to emergency braking, and one involved in the incident itself.

Delays and cancellations are ongoing.

38Cto15E

All very sad for the staff involved.
There seems an increase in PBHT in 2012, are the actual figures available anywhere? FOIA etc

ryan125hst

Established Member
I wondered why a saw the EMT liveried East Coast HST on the down slow at Retford when I was on my way to Post 16 this morning. I'm guessing it was due to this (If it happened before 8:20am). Was it routed onto platform 2 (via the crossover and the slow line) in case the train had to be cancelled? I also saw more trains than usual when I left at 15:30.

I know that when I wanted to go to the NRM last year and the OLE came down in the London area, a 225 that should have been non-stop from York to Kings Cross was brought into platform 2. It remained there for over an hour. Me and my Mum then made the decision to try again a few days later, so I don't know what time it eventually left. There was already a scheduled Kings Cross train in platform 1 at the time (which also remained there for the duration) and the non-stop train's doors were unlocked after a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.