• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Coast Refund

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butts

Veteran Member
Have had an e-mail from East Coast saying they require me to ring them with the card details I used to book a trip that was aborted due to the floods.

They just need the 16 digits to process a refund.

When I make a booking this information is stored in my account and appears with my just having to add the security number.

Puzzled :p

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rail-britain

Established Member
That is correct for a refund on some card types
All they will have access to is the name, address, and postcode in order to complete the refund

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
That is correct for a refund on some card types
All they will have access to is the name, address, and postcode in order to complete the refund

Indeed, typically the card's full details are only held by the card processing firm for security reasons. If the retailer doesn't hold the card number they can't loose it to hackers and fraudsters!

Also a relatively recent change is that the cardholder must authorise the refund. Not really sure what reasons there would be to reject one!

Status
Not open for further replies.