• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Coast Reward Points under the minumum spend threshold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil35

I purchased an £8.60 EC advance and a £2 PlusBus at the start of June to qualify for the EC only online discount. I know that there is minimum spend of £22 to qualify for points (even checking the website now it still states that there is).

However, I've just taken a look at my rewards history and I can see that I was given 8 points for the ticket and 2 points for the PlusBus, a total spend in one transaction of £10.60, which contradicts the minimum spend policy. I purchase all my tickets on RedSpottedHankey because the majority of my train ticket purchases are under the £22 threshold, but I may make EC my default choice again if they are giving points out for purchases under £22.

Was this just a one off error and I got lucky, or have they been doing it for anyone else? Can anyone who has made a purchase of under £22 on the EC confirm whether they got points for it or not?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mirodo

I have on numerous occasions received points for purchases below the £22 threshold - for transactions as low as £11. This is going back as far as October 2011 and is for travel on EC+connections (KGX-BYM or vice versa).

Transactions < £22 on other services (VT, EMT) haven't earned any points.

I have on numerous occasions received points for purchases below the £22 threshold - for transactions as low as £11.

Which is why I book just about all my tickets through the East Coast trains web site.

Will the EC rewards scheme end when the new company takes over in February 2015 ? Will the DfT oblige any new company to honour the EC rewards scheme ?

Possibly.
I doubt it.

Your guess is as good as anyone else's.

Agreed. I think the EC rewards scheme is under threat and may end when the new franchisee takes over in Feb 2015.

So what can be done ?

• Write to DfT asking them to include EC rewards in the contract bids
  • Facebook protest "Don't let DfT take away our EC rewards"
  • Freedom on information request

?

Enjoy it whilst its here, before the government improves the terrible public sector service by paying lots more cash to French or Dutch public railways to run it on our behalf

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk 2

HST Power

Established Member
Agreed. I think the EC rewards scheme is under threat and may end when the new franchisee takes over in Feb 2015.

So what can be done ?

• Write to DfT asking them to include EC rewards in the contract bids
  • Facebook protest "Don't let DfT take away our EC rewards"
  • Freedom on information request

?

I fear it is too late, but can I suggest a full scale protest to keep the franchise under DOR?

Status
Not open for further replies.