• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Coast Rewards - First class ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

graham43404

I was wondering if anyone else was having problems with the free first class return ticket offer for using 500 reward points.

Last Tuesday I converted 500 points to get a first class return ticket as I thought I would use it while at the same time taking advantage of the 1/3rd off first class fares offer East Coast were doing to get my wife a ticket. It says on the website that it takes up to three working days, so when that came and went I phoned them and they said it can take up to 5 working days.

5 days have now come and gone as has the 1/3rd off offer, so today I phoned them again and they said they will look into it. As long as its ready to use by Saturday I can use the Daily Mirror voucher which is only £6 more for the journey than the other offer, but after that I would be loathe to pay the full price.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gordonthemoron

Established Member
Just read the regulations, 2 months from valid from date for non-advance tickets before points credited. The only one I booked which wasn't an advance was an off-peak day single, seems ludicrous to not add immediately on ticket expiry

Last edited:

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
Just read the regulations, 2 months from valid from date for non-advance tickets before points credited. The only one I booked which wasn't an advance was an off-peak day single, seems ludicrous to not add immediately on ticket expiry

They need to ensure you haven't refunded the ticket as per the T and Cs.

Status
Not open for further replies.