• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Coast Rewards

Status
Not open for further replies.

unlevel42

East Coast Rewards 1st class
The conditions of travel say that no change is allowed.
I have in front of me now an option to book a ticket that shows 1 change.
Which is the "most" valid?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I believe the no change condition applies to changing which train is booked. As far as I'm aware as long as all trains are East Coast services you can be booked to change train.

SaveECRewards

I believe the no change condition applies to changing which train is booked. As far as I'm aware as long as all trains are East Coast services you can be booked to change train.

That is correct. The trains have to be VTEC operated but connections are allowed. There's certain circumstances where you may need to change train if not starting or ending in London.

As for the other types of change, there's no changes or refunds to the ticket. Also no delay repay. These are the only bad points of the scheme in my eyes.

sheff1

Established Member
That is correct. The trains have to be VTEC operated but connections are allowed. There's certain circumstances where you may need to change train if not starting or ending in London.

Good to hear that is back. I always used to book Doncaster to Aberdeen with a change at York using one Reward ticket, but a couple of years ago EC changed it so that two were needed (of course, I just booked an ordinary single to York rather than 'waste' a Reward).

EDIT: Just gave it a try for August and I am not being offered trains from Doncaster at all. Ah well, back to the York option then.

Last edited:

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Thanks
An Aberdeen to Doncaster journey needs a change

"No changes" means that you cannot change your booked tickets for a different itinerary other than that which you have selected.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I concur with Mojo; it means no changes to travel plans!

So if you made a mistake booking the ticket, or your travel plans change, you can't get them changed, not even paying an admin fee. So choose wisely.

unlevel42

Sorry to mislead but I was asking if changing from one train to another, not of times/dates.
Should have said:
An Aberdeen to Doncaster journey needs a change of train.
Thanks

PermitToTravel

Established Member
That's what all the answers above are regarding - the T&Cs absolutely permit changes of train, they just forbid changes of plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.