• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Coast Seat Reservations Fees

Status
Not open for further replies.

glynn80

Established Member
This has just been posted on the Newsrail Express bulletin within the FRPP:

Newsrail Express said:
East Coast currently charge £2.50 for selected Standard Class seat reservations. This charge will be abolished with effect from 23.59 on Wednesday the 16th December 2009. Customers booking rail travel from Thursday 17th December inclusive will be entitled to seat reservations free of charge. Customers making bookings today, 16th December, should be charged the fee in the usual way.

Normal refund rules apply for those passengers who have previously paid for seat reservations.

Customers who have already purchased tickets, and who require seat reservations should be advised to go to their nearest Travel Centre. Please remind them to take tickets with them. Only one reservation per journey leg may be made. If a customer wishes to change their reservation, please remember to cancel the original reservation.

Please note this supersedes all previous correspondence about this charge ending on the 31st December.

Item submitted by East Coast

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bengley

Established Member
Nice one east coast! The only thing is, is that everyone will probably reserve a seat now making it kinda pointless.

googolplex

That is good to hear. I only wish they'd done it last week. I went to Edinburgh and would have preferred to travel with East Coast (on an East Coast only ticket), but couldn't really justify the extra £3.50 odd when I added in seat reservations.
I ended up going with Scotrail as they do free seat reservations.
Glad I got the reservations as well, as the trains on Sunday evening out of Edinburgh were heaving. The one I caught was a 3 car 170 with a 2 car sprinter on the back and it was still full with standing room only!

Status
Not open for further replies.