• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Kent Railway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
I hope you enjoyed your day. We can only apologise for the day's events if the cancellation affected your day but you saw the size of the various kinks :(

Coxster

Established Member
Jamie C. Steel said:
The heat thankfully didnt affect the GCR one bit (our track is maintained).
I think you'll find you are a bigger railway with lots of members and staff. We are a smaller railway with good trains but a small amount of members (compared to you) wishing to volunteer to help us, hence why Steve and I have been advertising the line so much!

A bit of respect to smaller railways would be nice, rather than saying we don't give a s*it about our track!

Simming

I would love to help at some local Preserved railway, like the EKR, but atm, there are none near me, although the Helston Railway Is getting on atm, and may start laying track. And as for BWR, well, I shall not let loose my opinions of them.

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Coxster said:
Jamie C. Steel said:
The heat thankfully didnt affect the GCR one bit (our track is maintained).
I think you'll find you are a bigger railway with lots of members and staff. We are a smaller railway with good trains but a small amount of members (compared to you) wishing to volunteer to help us, hence why Steve and I have been advertising the line so much!

A bit of respect to smaller railways would be nice, rather than saying we don't give a s*it about our track!

I think you will find our P-Way gang relys on around 5 people, and about 10 other non-regular people to look after over 15 miles of track, including Swithland Sidings, Loughborough Loco Yard, Rothley Carriage Sidings, etc etc.

Double Track requires more maintenance that a single line, and we are short of volunteers as it is, we are currently relying on some Paid staff to keep the Midweek Trains running.

Status
Not open for further replies.