• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Lancs Diesel Gala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Certainly looks a decent line up for the East Lancs Diesel Gala. Below info taken off their website.

Special Guests

• 33 103 ‘Swordfish’ - Courtesy of Nemesis Rail and Ecclesbourne Valley Railway
  • Class 25 D5185 - Visiting from GCR
  • Class 40 40012 "Aureol" - Visiting from MRC
Home Fleet

• Class 14 D9531 "Ernest"
  • Class 14 D9537
  • Class 25 D7629
  • Class 33 33109 "Captain Bill Smith RNR"
  • Class 37 37109
  • Class 45 45108
  • Class 47 D1501
  • Class 50 50015
  • Class 47 47765 - First runs on the East Lancashire Railway since arriving

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

E759

I might be up for this. So if arriving at Piccadilly, you take the D-Line tram to the last stop Bury? Tickets from the getmethere app or from a TVM on the platform?

Thanks.

chrissawer

E759

What a gorgeous railway

Anyone dithering about coming to the DG you won’t be disappointed. A great welcome and unbelievably low beer prices that Southerners like myself can only dream about. Checkout the bar at Rawtenstall, some very interesting IPA on cask.

FOCTOC

What a gorgeous railway

Anyone dithering about coming to the DG you won’t be disappointed. A great welcome and unbelievably low beer prices that Southerners like myself can only dream about. Checkout the bar at Rawtenstall, some very interesting IPA on cask.

Got to echo that. Had some fantastic times at the Lancs over the years and some of the lads/ladies up there are now friends. Bury is fairly easy to get to by road or public transport so its a winner for me.

E759

Got to echo that. Had some fantastic times at the Lancs over the years and some of the lads/ladies up there are now friends. Bury is fairly easy to get to by road or public transport so its a winner for me.
Bury is VERY easy to get to via Rail and Metrolink. Bolton Street station is fully signed from the Metrolink/Bus Interchange. I’m up here today from Horsham West Sussex and actually used a Horsham to Bedford ThameStink service to get to Euston.

Getting ready to enjoy D9531. Breaking news though is the 47765 has just failed...

mjn

Ah 47765 was the only one I was going to go for tomorrow... any indication if it was fixable, or is it out of action all weekend now?

E759

Ah 47765 was the only one I was going to go for tomorrow... any indication if it was fixable, or is it out of action all weekend now?
Sorry no idea. It disappeared from view after decimating the timetable Was happy with 1501 doing a top and tail on the Heywood section.

E759

Just been checking my photos and it is parked up by Bury South ‘Box. So I assume won’t be looked at until end of service.

theblackwatch

Established Member

Unless you rely on the A59 between Harrogate and Skipton! I'm probably going to go for a 40012 running day instead, buy which time the road should have reopened. But yes it's a good line with decent places to drink, although I don't like the Trackside as much since they moved the bar...it's somehow lost its appeal (and I'm not the only one who says that). Rawtenstall Buffer Stops makes up for it though, and as I'm normally driving, I can't have a lot to drink anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.