• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Lancs Railway DMU Theme Day (17/3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.

Had a muchly enjoyable time at the ELR's DMU event today, a few pictures enclosed :)

Certainly the star for me was the mixed livery 108 & the lovely sounding engine(s) that come with it! Decent turnout, tho i heard a couple of folk had left disappointed that there wasn't a steam service today.

All in all for £13 superb value & a chance to see this line & the gradients you dont see on a loco hauled service, hope you like my photos

Attachments

• IMG_0556.jpg
    IMG_0556.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0583.jpg
    IMG_0583.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0602.jpg
    IMG_0602.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0612.jpg
    IMG_0612.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 32
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jonfun

Established Member
Aye, the 108's a rather decent unit - bit rough around the ages but can't fault its performance and sound :)

Got some relatively rare track in as well, were you around for the jolly into the other platform at Rawtenstall? Sorry for rubbish shot, just took a quick pic on my phone :p
dmuinbay.jpg

MK Tom

Established Member
Is the 122 coupled to a 121 or to a 117 trailer? Also how the hell does one tell a 108 from a 107???

Awesome pictures btw. I wish a line closer to home would hold a DMU gala, I've only ever been to one at the SVR.

Aye, the 108's a rather decent unit - bit rough around the ages but can't fault its performance and sound :)

Got some relatively rare track in as well, were you around for the jolly into the other platform at Rawtenstall? Sorry for rubbish shot, just took a quick pic on my phone :p
View attachment 10776
Ah dude, wasnt on that little excursion! :( Thanks for sharing the pic! I was the guy in the 'Coldplay Cap' :lol: who fluked 'the golden seat' on the first 121/2 run upto Rawtenstall, video/photo opportunity of the day i thought!!

Yeah i think the 108 rumbles & rattles like a first gen DMU should do, i presume all of its engines are working. The 101 was almost silent in one car so i presume it was only running on 2 engines in 1 of the cars maybe!?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Is the 122 coupled to a 121 or to a 117 trailer? Also how the hell does one tell a 108 from a 107???

Awesome pictures btw. I wish a line closer to home would hold a DMU gala, I've only ever been to one at the SVR.

The 122 was coupled to their 121, what a strange beast that 121 is! never been on one before. A silent engine-less 'daisy' :o Makes you wonder why they made trailer cars, i presume they were back up stock for seaside branch lines years ago? the performance of this hybrid set is noticeably less however.

Yeah i live in Derby so its 1hr:50 to get to the ELR, not bad at all. Llangollen it is for me in June/July whenever their DMU gala is!?

Thanks for the compliment on the photos, ill put some more up later.

Jonfun

Established Member
Is the 122 coupled to a 121 or to a 117 trailer?

It's a trailer that originally went with a 121 I believe.

ElectronicaL33 said:
Yeah i think the 108 rumbles & rattles like a first gen DMU should do, i presume all of its engines are working. The 101 was almost silent in one car so i presume it was only running on 2 engines in 1 of the cars maybe!?

That'll be because the 101's formed of one power car and a trailer car. 108's a power twin however, albeit had one engine isolated for a while in the morning.

Can't offhand remember seeing you I'm afraid chief but if you were on the 108 in the morning/early afternoon I'd imagine I would have :)

Ha ha, thats because im instantly forgetable :) its why im single :lol: Cheers for the info on the 101. My knowledge is still poor on 1st gen units even tho they are one of my favourite preserved locos!

Here's looking forward to the Llangollen Diesel day on the 30th. I see their 104 is out, happy days!

Status
Not open for further replies.