• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Lancs Railway - re-commences running trains from 1-Aug-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I like their plans. Arguably the closest to 'normal' I've seen.

It will be interesting to see if they do better out of those plans than others will out of stricter ones - i.e. which policy is preferred by the public at large (as opposed to which is preferred by the Forum at large, which seems fairly obvious).

tnxrail

Any ideas or plans for trains steam/diesel, one train or multiple. Just wondering each railway has there own plan.

Scrotnig

It will be interesting to see if they do better out of those plans than others will out of stricter ones - i.e. which policy is preferred by the public at large (as opposed to which is preferred by the Forum at large, which seems fairly obvious).
I hope they do well. From what they have written, (which is excellent in itself in terms of detail and reassurance), they have struck a balance between necessary precautions and making it too draconian to enjoy. I firmly believe that's the way to go.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
I hope they do well too, I do like that line, especially the section that goes over the tram lines, you get a good "Chuffing" sound from the steamers. :)

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
This is what the ELR is saying...

Disappointing but understandable. :|

ELR Website said:
The East Lancs Railway (ELR) has had to pause its plans to reopen 1 August following new localised restrictions from the Government.

After reviewing the new rules for Greater Manchester, and with staff, volunteer and passenger safety as a priority, ELR has made the difficult decision to delay the restart of passenger trains for one week.

The ELR’s two pubs, The Trackside at Bury Bolton Street Station and Buffer Stops at Rawtenstall, are both still open to the public, with the new guidance that only individuals from the same household or in bubbles can visit together.

Mike Kelly, ELR Chairman said: “It’s with great sadness that we’ve had to make the decision to temporarily pause our reopening plans for this weekend.

“We were very much looking forward to welcoming passengers back to travel on the railway but in the interest of safety and ensuring we comply with all regulations we’ve decided to postpone until next weekend when we have clearer guidance from the Government.

“I understand how disappointing this will be for many and I want to thank everyone for their continued patience and support. I hope to see you all again very soon.”

Passengers who have pre-booked tickets for this weekend will be contacted directly to arrange for their reservation to be transferred to an alternative date when the railway reopens.

ELR will review its position again next week and another update will be providevided on future plans pending any further Government guidance or changes to restrictions.

31 July 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.