• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Midland trains in May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly

<(

Does anyone know what engineering work is going on, on the EMT line in May?

I've booked to go to Paris on Eurostar and I've had to go from Chesterfield to London via Doncaster on the East Coast line as there's engineering work on Sat 23rd May.

On the way back on 30 May they've told me no advance fares are available as Network Rail are scheduling further engineering works. Their search facility doesn't bring anything up.

** Incidentally - Euston to Tamworth is £3!!!!! What a fare!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Edvid

Established Member
On May 23 there are engineering works between Bedford and Kettering, with EMT services running either side of the blockade (and the dreaded bustitution in between). Regarding May 30 though, NRES mentions that a few retimed services but that's it. :-?

Very few Thameslink engineering works require London St Pancras to be blocked off, yesterday's blockade was for a new footbridge at West Hampstead Thameslink.

Fly

Thanks,

There's nothing on the website for 30/5 so it's a bit vague.

on 23/5 there's work between Bedford and Wellingborough apparently.

How long should I give it for them to publish something before I choose a different route?

Status
Not open for further replies.