• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Midland Trains strikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin Smith

Oh dear.....
I've been planning a NW Rover ticket for the last months but living in Sheffield means I've really got to travel to Manchester as via Leeds takes a lot longer.
Unfortunately ASLEF have decided to strike meaning, as far as I'm aware, that there will be no (or few) EMT services between Manchester and Sheffield on the 23 and 25 of June. I know the TP services are still running but they're pretty crowded even when there's a full EMT service, so I don't really like the idea of using them when there isn't one, this is supposed to be a pleasant holiday ! I'll try to avoid giving my opinion of people going on strike and affecting other peoples lives (I may have hinted at it.....) but does anyone know :

1 If there will be any EMT services between Liverpool and Sheffield on those two days ?
2 If any more strikes are planned as I may be able to postpone the week I go.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
What about Northern - you could use them? Never been a problem getting a seat for me between Sheff and Manc.

Justin Smith

What about Northern - you could use them? Never been a problem getting a seat for me between Sheff and Manc.

Ahh right, I assume you mean the stopping service via New Mills, I'd forgotten about that, good thinking Batman. So, effectively, the number of services between Man and Sheff would be down 33% rather than down 50%. Apart from it taking about 60% longer of course !

--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Much rather have a seat on a Pacer than stand on a TPE all the way !

Very true.

Last edited:

Justin Smith

Much rather have a seat on a Pacer than stand on a TPE all the way! In any case, he might be lucky enough to get a 15x...

To be frank I`d rather have a Pacer than a C150. As regards leg room there`s not much to choose between them (they`re both poor) but Pacers have a better view out and the seat backs are lower so you don`t feel as claustrophobic. One of my pet hates about new type seats is the fact the backs are so high you feel like you`re in a dungeon.....

Status
Not open for further replies.