• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Midlands 3 in 7 Rover on PRIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

swadbus

Could somebody tell me how much the East Midlands 3 in 7 Rover is using PRIV please? (I'm assuming it is still available using PRIV?)

I've tried bringing it up on brfares but can't seem to find the name of the ticket in the rovers section on the website. Likewise I can't find a PRIV price on the national rail website either.

I'll be combining it with section 19c NRCOC for my trip to Manchester next week and this seems still to be the cheapest way to do it with the Virgin Trains only PRIV fares either side of validity of the rover. (Open to other creative suggestions if anyone is forthcoming with them? Preferably not on a slow service). Advances appear more expensive right now. (Leaving Sunday, returning Tuesday).

I'm guessing it is around the £20.20p-ish mark as the public fare is £80.90p. Which makes the whole journey £34.50p from EUS > MAN return.

Hopefully the rumour on the availability of PRIV on off-peak tickets comes to fruition soon!

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
The code for BR Fares is I115 E MIDS FLEX RVR, which gives a Priv price of £20.25 (with a B3* restriction)

* - Not before 0900 M-F

Solent&Wessex

Established Member
Indeed, that is a good split for PRIV holders when travelling from Manchester to London.

Combined with a Manchester - Stoke SDR or, if coming back a different day, buy a Brinnington - Stoke SOR (or for devilment buy it to somewhere like Wedgwood), and either a day return or 2 x singles between Bletchley and Euston it works out ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.