• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Midlands Day Ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mal75756

Hi All, I have been looking at the East Midlands day ranger ticket and the links on National Rail enquires dont seem to work. My question is, is the map of the East Midlands day ranger (1 day) ticket the same as the east midlands rover ticket (3 or 7 day ticket). a google search shows several different maps but does look to be different, e.g. the furthest north on the rover is Doncaster but on the ranger is Worksop. Does anyone know if they are different maps for the different tickets.

Thanks guys, appreciate any help you can give.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

On Moderation
Hi All, I have been looking at the East Midlands day ranger ticket and the links on National Rail enquires dont seem to work. My question is, is the map of the East Midlands day ranger (1 day) ticket the same as the east midlands rover ticket (3 or 7 day ticket). a google search shows several different maps but does look to be different, e.g. the furthest north on the rover is Doncaster but on the ranger is Worksop. Does anyone know if they are different maps for the different tickets.

Thanks guys, appreciate any help you can give.
The areas of validity for the ranger and rover are different.

Rather rubbish that the National Rail pages for them are broken. Perhaps they are still in discouraging leisure travel mode?

_toommm_

Established Member

Mal75756

thanks guys, I will take a look but a shame the ranger ticket covers a lot less than the rover especially if you cannot go over three days as you have to with a rover

Llandudno

Established Member
thanks guys, I will take a look but a shame the ranger ticket covers a lot less than the rover especially if you cannot go over three days as you have to with a rover
The day ranger does seem expensive and doesn’t cover the East Midlands towns of Chesterfield or Kettering.

The 3 in 7 day ticket looks decent value by comparison though!

Mal75756

I agree with you Llandudno but it will be a while before I can spend three consecutive days or even three in seven on the trains. maybe one for the future. The beauty of it is that it includes Doncaster which is not far from my home station.

Status
Not open for further replies.