• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Midlands Railway livery and station branding

Status
Not open for further replies.

OTRail

How come the ex-EMT mk3s are being used with the ex-LNER power cars as opposed to the LNER mk3s?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mugby

Established Member
The 180s which have stood on the curve opposite the old PSB at Derby for several months have now been moved.

Two sets have been shunted down to the bottom end of Etches Park, alongside the main line.
The Hull Trains name is still clearly visible even though the lettering has been removed.

Established Member
The 180s which have stood on the curve opposite the old PSB at Derby for several months have now been moved.

Two sets have been shunted down to the bottom end of Etches Park, alongside the main line.
The Hull Trains name is still clearly visible even though the lettering has been removed.
Two sets are in the shed while the other two are outside alongside the mainline. I'm sure the two sets that are outside where running yesterday as well.

WillPS

Established Member
Was refurbishment work always expected to be needed for the EC Mk3s? I thought the only reason they were being taken on was because they were ready to go (and a bit more compliant)

Established Member
Was refurbishment work always expected to be needed for the EC Mk3s? I thought the only reason they were being taken on was because they were ready to go (and a bit more compliant)
They are not being referbished that part is ok. Mechanically they are in a bad way which is what is taking the time to get the sets out as they need to be sorted first.

OTRail

They are not being referbished that part is ok. Mechanically they are in a bad way which is what is taking the time to get the sets out as they need to be sorted first.
Seems a bit of a waste considering the current HSTs are due to be replaced in a few months. May as well just have kept the ex-EMT units and extended the derogation...

Ethan1852

Has the mark 3 Coaching stock that was used by the withdraw Class 43 Locomotives also been withdrawn or been stored. I know that Ex LNER Class 43 Locomotives are using some of the old stock so I am unsure of what has happened to them.

Domh245

Established Member
I think they're all still in use currently, the ex LNER rakes should have replaced them, but as discussed on other threads they require an awful lot of work to enable them to be used. Only one ex LNER rake is in use AFAIK

43 302

Established Member
Only NL51 has entered service so far, and it hasn't been out a lot. NL06 & NL07 (44044 stored at Long Marston) have been scrapped.

raetiamann

I wonder where that leaves the 180 sets. I don't believe any EMT branding applied as yet to them.

OTRail

I wonder where that leaves the 180 sets. I don't believe any EMT branding applied as yet to them.
I can imagine the same will happen to them as with the ex-GA units - some (if not all) receiving EMR’s interim livery.

Established Member
I can imagine the same will happen to them as with the ex-GA units - some (if not all) receiving EMR’s interim livery.
I would say some sort of branding will be applied in time, most likely like the 156s. I don't think they will be in service until the end of the year at least.

OTRail

I would say some sort of branding will be applied in time, most likely like the 156s. I don't think they will be in service until the end of the year at least.
Driver training’s apparently commencing next month, with the aim of getting them into service by the December 2020 timetable change.

Scott1

Is the purpose of 180s just as additional capacity or are they going to replace the HST sets?
They were to replace some HST sets by working in pairs, though with the reduced passenger numbers that could change I imagine.

Domh245

Established Member
My understanding is that they were replacing the ex-GC 'short' sets like for like - no need for running in double, and 1.5 diagrams between 4 units should be about manageable for them!

Murray J

My understanding is that they were replacing the ex-GC 'short' sets like for like - no need for running in double, and 1.5 diagrams between 4 units should be about manageable for them!
I mean to my knowledge the only ex GC set out usually is DY23 (43480+43484), going by the HST allocations that come out most days, although not sure if this was different prior to a few months ago.

Domh245

Established Member
I mean to my knowledge the only ex GC set out usually is DY23 (43480+43484), going by the HST allocations that come out most days, although not sure if this was different prior to a few months ago.

There were (and are) two diagrams for the short sets - one does DBY>STP>NOT>SHF>STP>COR>STP>DBY and the other does NOT>STP>NOT

On Moderation
There were (and are) two diagrams for the short sets - one does DBY>STP>NOT>SHF>STP>COR>STP>DBY and the other does NOT>STP>NOT
There’s only one diagram currently as far as I know.

From HSTgen it works:
1C98 0731 Derby - Pancras
1D21 1005 Pancras - Nottingham
ECS Nottingham - Sheffield
1C52 1400 Sheffield - Pancras
1F72 2031 Pancras - Derby

Domh245

Established Member
There’s only one diagram currently as far as I know.

Presumably that second one has been moved over to a 222? I certainly would expect that as services and passenger numbers continue to pick up they would revert back to those diagrams using the short HSTs/180s?

Established Member
Driver training’s apparently commencing next month, with the aim of getting them into service by the December 2020 timetable change.
Ok that make sense.
They were to replace some HST sets by working in pairs, though with the reduced passenger numbers that could change I imagine.
That's the first I've heard about working in pairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.