• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Midlands Railway livery and station branding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
They're just DMF, Driving Motor First officially, if I recall correctly.
Apologies, a quick google told me DMRFO. We are of course talking about same coach. 8-)
Looking at the Eversholt rail website (who own the 222's) they show DMF-MS-MS-(MS)-(MS)-(MS)-DMS for the formation of 222's.
In the rail guide 2016 (not the best book as it lists 156 as Nottingham units when it should be Etches Park!) it has the 222/0's as having at DMRFO but the 4 222/1's having a DMF. Surely they are both the same vehicle?

no 153s at Barrow Hill anymore - last 3 left back to Derby and Nottingham yesterday
Updated the list of the previous page. Thank you.

Domh245

Established Member
oking at the Eversholt rail website (who own the 222's) they show DMF-MS-MS-(MS)-(MS)-(MS)-DMS for the formation of 222's.
In the rail guide 2016 (not the best book as it lists 156 as Nottingham units when it should be Etches Park!) it has the 222/0's as having at DMRFO but the 4 222/1's having a DMF. Surely they are both the same vehicle?

I thought that the entire EM Sprinter Fleet was Eastcroft allocated! As for the 222s, they are the same vehicle, I suspect the DMF/DMRFO is a carry over from their respective first operators. I certainly wouldn't describe them as DMRFOs - they aren't "restaurant" by any means, and "open" is completely superfluous on the modern railway.

Merle Haggard

Established Member
Either Eversholt don't know their assets or there's been a lot of declassification very recently!
Certainly until recently, 4 and 5 car Class 222 have a MC behind the DMF, and 7 cars have 2 MFs.
There was discussion about the 'R' in the classification of Pendolini Coach Ks (only) in another thread, and the consensus was that it was intended to indicate a kitchen.

Established Member
I thought that the entire EM Sprinter Fleet was Eastcroft allocated! As for the 222s, they are the same vehicle, I suspect the DMF/DMRFO is a carry over from their respective first operators. I certainly wouldn't describe them as DMRFOs - they aren't "restaurant" by any means, and "open" is completely superfluous on the modern railway.
156's have been allocated for a while now at Etches Park.
One that I don't get is whey is there a R in MSRMB (buffet vehicle).
Either Eversholt don't know their assets or there's been a lot of declassification very recently!
Certainly until recently, 4 and 5 car Class 222 have a MC behind the DMF, and 7 cars have 2 MFs.
There was discussion about the 'R' in the classification of Pendolini Coach Ks (only) in another thread, and the consensus was that it was intended to indicate a kitchen.
The formations haven't changed in the last 10? years!

londonmidland

Established Member
An unexpected surprise at Kettering this morning!

222101 in its new EMR outgoing livery.

ED4DE5D0-3880-4A2F-B7F5-5A407AEE9ECD.jpeg

Last edited:

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Fourth to like that - third if the poster didn't :D

Are EMR doing a XC and running lots of stuff as doubles 4+4/4+5/5+5 on a reduced timetable? I guess 7-car needs to run solo else it plus something else will foul platforms and/or signalling?

XCTurbostar

Established Member
Fourth to like that - third if the poster didn't :D

Are EMR doing a XC and running lots of stuff as doubles 4+4/4+5/5+5 on a reduced timetable? I guess 7-car needs to run solo else it plus something else will foul platforms and/or signalling?

From what I saw in June, EMR seem to run single units on most services. The Corby peak services from London used to be doubles splitting at Kettering but there is a shuttle from Ketering to Corby at the moment.
My video below shows the mainline service formations;

jamesnotts86

Is there any news of the rebranding of stations? It's been a year since EMR took over and stations still have a very much Stagecoach feel to them. Hubberts Bridge has been done out in the new branding, and you see how quickly Avanti plastered things like station running in boards with their brand so why is EMR taking so long? I know CV19 has turned the world upside down but surely this must relatively easy?

Almost seems like the franchise will be over before they finally make their mark on it! Though it is nice to see the Meridans being rebranded though and more sprinters carrying the interim livery before the flying aubergines and Turbostars arrive.

Helvellyn

Established Member
Is there any news of the rebranding of stations? It's been a year since EMR took over and stations still have a very much Stagecoach feel to them. Hubberts Bridge has been done out in the new branding, and you see how quickly Avanti plastered things like station running in boards with their brand so why is EMR taking so long? I know CV19 has turned the world upside down but surely this must relatively easy?

Almost seems like the franchise will be over before they finally make their mark on it! Though it is nice to see the Meridans being rebranded though and more sprinters carrying the interim livery before the flying aubergines and Turbostars arrive.
Stagecoach actually adopted quite neutral branding at SWT and EMT in the 2010s so it could be that EMR doesn't see it as a priority to undertake a rebrand exercise until station refurbishment/redecoration is planned to take place during the franchise itself. Whereas on West Coast I think that a Virgin corporate font had been used on a lot of the stations so there was probably a requirement to undertake some rebranding qute quickly.

NoMorePacers

Established Member

The vast majority of Northern stations still have Serco-Abellio signage at them over 4 years after they stopped running the franchise, so EMR have plenty of time yet.

LowLevel

Established Member
People flap so much about these things. Regional Railways signage over 25 years old was still commonplace until recently and Virgin never did get rid of some of their stuff from the British Rail era. At my first station all of the signage dated from BR for the first 5-6 years of the franchise.

I was still dispatching trains in the previous livery after the same time scale.

The EMT stuff is pleasingly neutral and there is little point mucking around.

OTRail

Probably slightly off topic but have the 180s began driver training runs yet?

Hairy Bear

Hst set.....soon !.
180 training has started for the depot drivers initially. ...mainline to follow next month onwards.

Established Member
If the 180 training runs dont run as 5I80 I will be disappointed!
I think you will be! Normally EMR normally 5Z headcodes for training runs.

How many are the Class 360/1 Desiros have been upgraded the speed into 110mph now?
According to my list on the previous page 7 as off last week. Normally there is a swap at the weekend so the 8th might be going back shortly.
222018 now vinyaled up in new Beetroot and Coleslaw livery. o_O
222010 next in for the new colours
Thank you both. Will update the list. @Hairy Bear Love the description of the livery!

RealTrains07

Established Member
222011 spotted out and about today.

Thats 3 done already! Blimey, at this rate shouldn’t take too long to do the entire fleet then? :lol:

OTRail

They’re getting through the Meridians pretty fast - surprised the sprinters aren’t going at the same pace...

Status
Not open for further replies.