• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Midlands Rover 3 in 7 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a few spare days in the next week so am looking to do a bit of a tour of the East Mids network. I've never used a rover ticket before and I'm interested in getting the above Rover but have a few queries of which I can't seem to get a decent answer.

Can I use this say Weds and Fri then Monday?

There's no map on http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/promotions/pr5d12850a04000400040ae307313d19/details.html or East Midlands sites, does this follow the same routes as the 7 day rover?

I assume I can travel anywhere on the map, double backs, etc?

What are the pitfalls of getting such a ticket?

Many thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

IanD

Established Member
I'm planning on getting one of these in July. There used to be a map at the location given - but it is the same as the 7 day rover (unless they've taken it down to add some restrictions a la the 1 day version, hope not!). You can certainly use it Wed, Fri then Mon as long as the start date is the first Wed (or even the day before). Go anywhere you like, double back as much as you like - only restricted by the start time.

No pitfalls as far as I can see - except no discount for f&f which would have been good for me!

Last edited:

barrykas

Established Member
I've got a few spare days in the next week so am looking to do a bit of a tour of the East Mids network. I've never used a rover ticket before and I'm interested in getting the above Rover but have a few queries of which I can't seem to get a decent answer.

Yup. The expiry date would be Tuesday, and you should get two parts: The ticket itself and a set of date boxes.

There's no map on http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/promotions/pr5d12850a04000400040ae307313d19/details.html or East Midlands sites, does this follow the same routes as the 7 day rover?

Yup. Though note that neither Rover is valid before 0900 Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays). The East Midlands Day Ranger, on the other hand, covers a much smaller area.

Anywhere you like, by whatever route you like, providing it's on the map.

The main one is to ensure you've got a pen that'll work for filling in the date boxes without damaging the ticket. If you're careful, an ordinary Bic Biro will do the trick, but my "pen of choice" is a Stabilo Write-4-All Superfine permanent marker, which'll set you back around £12 for a pack of 10.

Cheers,

Barry

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Yes; it is valid any 3 days out of 7.
Yes.
Unlimited travel within the area shown on the map.
It's not valid before 0900, and the boxes need to be completed, but do you have any other concerns?

RJ

Established Member
Yes, the barriers all seem to say it's "not valid at this location" I've purchased loads of them over the last 6 months and only had the boxes checked twice!

RJ

Established Member
The East Anglia Day Ranger ticket operates gates on the London Underground :p

Temple Meads

Established Member
I always show a Freedom of the Severn and Solent to a member of staff, do not want to risk losing it in a barrier 1 bit.

IanD

Established Member
I emailed them and asked them to put the link back. Would have ruined my plans if they'd changed the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.