• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Midlands Rover query

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

On the National Rail page for the East Midlands rover the map states that the ticket can be used as far south on the West Coast Main Line as far as Bletchley. Is it permitted to use Southern between Bletchley and Milton Keynes Central on this ticket?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
The National Rail website doesn't list Southern as a participating operator, but I think this must be an oversight given the relatively small area it concerns. I'll have a check of iKB tomorrow, but I think if it isn't accepted you might have a case for breach of NRCoC Condition 10.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I agree; Southern probably weren't operating when the map was produced. They should drop lists of operators for Rovers and just stick with the maps.

As HHF says, NRCoC Condition 10 applies too ;)

Thanks very much for your replies - I think the page said something long the lines of updated in 2007 which may explain what Yorkie is saying.

johnnycache

i'm pretty sure that rovers have to be inter-available - so it should be unnecessary to give a list of operators as all should accept the tickets within the designated area

andythebrave

i'm pretty sure that rovers have to be inter-available - so it should be unnecessary to give a list of operators as all should accept the tickets within the designated area

The one day equivalent has a bar on using East Coast between Peterborough and Grantham.

Incidentally the chance of anyone noticing use of the ticket between Bletchley and Milton Keynes is vanishingly small anyway.

tony_mac

Established Member

I asked National Rail enquiries (back in 2009) about a number of anomolies in the maps and lists of operators. Some they changed, but they also said

The Freedom of Severn & Solent ticket is not valid on Southern trains even though they use this network. This will be due to the operator not accepting that particular ticket.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I asked National Rail enquiries (back in 2009) about a number of anomolies in the maps and lists of operators. Some they changed, but they also said
Unfortunately National Rail Enquiries regularly give out incorrect information. They appear to lack knowledge of ticket terms & conditions and the National Rail Conditions of Carriage. I am actually surprised when they give out correct information, for all but the most basic of query.

Status
Not open for further replies.