• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Midlands Rover validity from 0900

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete81E

Hi,
Just a quickie...

National Rail gives the validity of an East Midlands Rover for weekdays as AFTER 0900.
GB Rail Rover guide gives the validity as FROM 0900.

Is travel on the 0900 from Sheffield OK?

I would hope it would be valid but just checking...

Thanks in advance.
Pete

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
The applicable restriction code is B3, which reads:
Not valid on trains timed to depart after 04:29 and before 09:00.

This is what would be printed on the ticket (if anything) and is the intended restriction.

Rail Rover is not an official source and cannot therefore be relied upon in the event of a dispute.

National Rail is, at best, worded confusingly.

But ultimately you should ask when buying your ticket - if you are told it is valid for a 9am departure, that's what counts. You might want to get a reservation whilst you're at it, just to 'prove' the point.

The exile

Established Member
Of course , a true pedant would point out that “ not valid after 04:29 and before 09:00” doesn’t preclude it also not being valid outside of that period! I’ll get my coat…

Llandudno

Established Member
The biggest issue with the East Midlands Rover is the severely reduced timetable, widespread cancellations, strike action and short formed trains!

zero

The 3 in 7 day one is also very expensive - but still cheaper than buying individual tickets over 2 days... and got a bit of the cost back from delay repay

STINT47

The restriction code is the key.

B3 is not valid on trains timed to depart after 04:29 and before 09:00 so a train departing at 09:00 would be fine. The national rail website is poorly written but cannot overide the ticket restriction.

In any case even if they tried to argue that the website was correct the law states that when ther are more than one term/condition for the same thing the law favours the one that is most beneficial for the customer. So either way the 09:00 departure is available for use.

Pete81E

Thanks everyone. Should be good to go.

East Midlands is an area I've neglected for far too long - mainly because the North West Rover 4 in 8 is such good value I usually go for that when escaping from 81E (aka Deadcat) for a few days...

Last time I did EM rover the 0210 Manchester - Cleethorpes via Lincoln newspaper train used to run (0323 off Sheffield?) with corridor stock that you could lie out on with 31 haulage to get some sleep - we used to call it 'The Kipper'! Was that late 80s? Goodness me...

All the best,
Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.