• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Midlands stock being used by Virgin East Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
They are on hire from EMT while their own HSTs are being refurbished. They have vinylled the outside though to make them look like the others!

Indeed - spends its time going back and forth on the Hull - London service... Although I've managed to bag one of those refurbished units for the trip soon

westv

Established Member
I was at Kings Cross yesterday and happened to spot an East Midlands HST power car in one of the platforms. Naturally I investigated and found that the set was formed of a combination of VTEC and East Midlands Mark 3's, but the Virgin carriages had the same interiors as the East Midlands ones. I only caught the number of the leading power car- 43058 (also an EMT unit). Does anyone know why VETC were using this set? I've never seen this before and was especially surprised that their coaches had matching interiors with the EMT ones?

Where have you been for the last year? :lol::D

47513 Severn

I saw that set at Peterborough on Tuesday. The carriages almost alternated between Virgin and EMT livery but all seemed to have EMT interiors. Are the Virgin vinyls still in the process of being applied or is it complete and a few EMT liveried vehicles have since been swapped in?

D365

Veteran Member
Indeed - spends its time going back and forth on the Hull - London service... Although I've managed to bag one of those refurbished units for the trip soon

I read on another thread that it's on a Leeds diagram - either way it's on a non-stop between Doncaster and Peterborough as I always seem to cop it!

sprinterguy

Established Member
I read on another thread that it's on a Leeds diagram - either way it's on a non-stop between Doncaster and Peterborough as I always seem to cop it!
From the recent thread discussing this set it works the following:
http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=128704
It has a fixed diagram (weekdays 1A12 0700 HUL-KGX, 1D11 1105 KGX-LDS, 1A33 1345 LDS-KGX, 1H10 1719 KGX-HUL, 1J10 2028 HUL–DON - see http://www.125group.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/HST-Diags-VTEC.pdf).

It may be worth mentioning that EC64 has now gone in for refurbishment, unsure if they will replace the std class seats but the first class seats and new tables should be replaced

alphaomega

Was on a VTEC train yesterday that had an EMT branded loco and EMT style seating however it had been refurbished. It was the 1505 LDS-PBO (1A37).

Anyone else seen ones like this? I assume they are leasing these from EMT for a longer period of time (not just to cover the refurbishment of standard VTEC sets).

Attachments

• IMG_2767.jpg
    IMG_2767.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 121

class387

Established Member
Was on a VTEC train yesterday that had an EMT branded loco and EMT style seating however it had been refurbished. It was the 1505 LDS-PBO (1A37).

Anyone else seen ones like this? I assume they are leasing these from EMT for a longer period of time (not just to cover the refurbishment of standard VTEC sets).

I know there is one EMT set with the VTEC interior, but I am unable to clarify which.

On Moderation
I know there is one EMT set with the VTEC interior, but I am unable to clarify which.

There are two sets with the original type of seating (it's BR seating, not EMT!). Set EC64 is a 9 car set leased directly from Porterbrook and is used on any VTEC HST diagram.

Set NL65 is an 8 car set sub-leased from EMT which has VTEC interior and exterior, using EMT power cars, on a dedicated diagram. The diagram had been posted here before, and is also available on the 125 Group website: 125group.org.uk

Starmill

Veteran Member
EC64 has been fitted with sockets for a very long time, I rode it in 2013 when it had them. The other set, NL65, may or may not have been, as refurbished.

Status
Not open for further replies.