• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Midlands Train Manager Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

FleetEWD

Hello All,
This is my first post so a brief bit about me before I start asking questions.
I am currently serving Armed Forces, just coming to the end of my contract. Based in Lincolnshire in a town that sits on the Kings Cross to Leeds line so am well placed for a few operators.

My query is,
I have received Confirmation of having been short-listed for the initial stage. This consists of a brief and a competency based interview. This is to take place at The Academy, Derby.

Any idea the nature, timings and set-up of the brief? And with regards to the competency based test. I am aware of how they work, but if any member with experience of the questions they were asked is able to advise me it would be greatly appreciated.

Any extra information as to the later stages would be a bonus.

Many Thanks

Fleet.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LCC106

Established Member
Hi Fleet. Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your shortlisting! I'm sure someone with relevant knowledge will come along soon. In the meantime, if you search the main jobs and careers forum page (the facility is in the top right hand side of that page) for "East Midlands" or "Train Manager" it may well throw up some threads that will help. Hope this is useful...

FleetEWD

Thank you and i have searched but not much really that helps. And no takers so far.
Well i will just do my research and fingers crossed.

LCC106

Established Member
I always say you get out what you put in, so you're right to research as much as you can. 1 alternative would be to get to an East Midlands station and ask someone their experience of it. A long shot when you're currently in Lincolnshire but if you're able to do so it may be worth the investment of time.

Must say I'm surprised you've had no other responses though - perhaps like me, others have had no experience of the role...

Clip

Established Member
Ive never been for a TM position before but as with most roles that are customer facing you are inevitably going to be asked about situations where you have delivered good customer service,went over and above your role to deliver something and stuff along those lines.

FleetEWD

Thanks team for the guidance. If successful I will have to go on to complete an DB Schenker, on train assessment. From my research I have gathered that this may be similar to the train driver test, as in the "dot test".. Any elaborations on this?.. But this is all speculative as I need to get through the first stage yet!

jimmy90

Thanks team for the guidance. If successful I will have to go on to complete an DB Schenker, on train assessment. From my research I have gathered that this may be similar to the train driver test, as in the "dot test".. Any elaborations on this?.. But this is all speculative as I need to get through the first stage yet!

I've just been recruited externally by EMT in the Customer Host position.
I believe you have to go to Doncaster to do your test for the TM position. Look through the forum for more information on these tests, and seach google, where you may be able to practice something simular.

Status
Not open for further replies.