• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Midlands train strikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Failed Unit

Established Member
I have a ticket from Edinburgh - Market Rasen departing on Saturday 1400 change at Newark.

Problem I cant get to Market Rasen because of the strike. (no alternative transport provided to Market Rasen only Lincoln). Have not got a response out of East Coast but anyone know if:

A: they will provide a taxi to complete the journey? (I know it would be argued that we know about the strike)
B: let me travel on an alternative train such as the 1600 where I can use East Coast to Lincoln (this is an AP and the strike is not east coasts problem. I will of course break the T&Cs of my ticket as i will be stopping short.
C: Travel on Sunday (same problem as above - but even if east coast pass my ticket what do the consider a reasonable departure)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rail-britain

Established Member
I have a ticket from Edinburgh - Market Rasen departing on Saturday 1400 change at Newark.
Have not got a response out of East Coast but anyone know if:

B: let me travel on an alternative train such as the 1600 where I can use East Coast to Lincoln (this is an AP and the strike is not east coasts problem. I will of course break the T&Cs of my ticket as i will be stopping short.
C: Travel on Sunday (same problem as above - but even if east coast pass my ticket what do the consider a reasonable departure)
You should will be able complete options B or C, if the service is cancelled
Rather than contact East Coast, send a query to EMT
They will probably advise you to wait until you arrive at Newark and seek advice there (as the service may be running)
Check the EMT website daily in the week prior to travel

Failed Unit

Established Member
EMT have already got the details on the website. Newark to Lincoln is by bus, 1817 in this case arriving at 1857. (good delay repay ;) )

Lincoln - Market rasen (and Grimsby) the number 3 bus. Which doesn't run in the evening.

Will try EMT - but it is east coast that will hammer me for not having a valid ticket for an AP. quite rightly they won't know that i can't actually travel to my destination.

Status
Not open for further replies.