• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Midlands Trains Class 153 - NEW LIVERY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

thefab444

Established Member
Looks okay, but it is nice to see EMT getting on with the reliverying. We're still waiting for the first First Great Western 153! So far, we have 3 150s and a 158!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
My initial thoughts were:

'Oh dear God...'

Looks absolutely revolting to see a 153 in those colours. If they were going to do Desiro liveries on ex-CT 153s, it should have been the 444 style. Mind, it just doesn't fit a 1-carriage train at all!

T

Tom

Swish.

Looks great!

Put it this way - that's the outer suburban livery. We'll probably see 158s in the express livery, as well as the HSTs and Meridians.

carlwestwood

just added another collection guys with other bits and bobs
including... Loughborough Brush seeing Compas Liveried 37610 and 37423. 5Z68 also arrived into Derby with 47787 t+t 57601 with the WCRC charter rake PLUS !! Steam Locomotives 76079 and 45407 aswell !!
theyre at http://cw-railpic.fpic.co.uk/c1404976.html

Cheers for the responses so far lads. i quite like the livery myself

W14Fishbourne

Hardly a surprise, it's a (slight) variation on the Stagecoach mid-distance/stopping service livery. I suspect that only the Meridians and HSTs will get the express livery. The question is, will there be a semi-dedicated suburban fleet that will get the red version of the livery as on the SWT 455s?

If SWT is anything to go by, I'd expect the interiors to be at least refreshed with new seat covers in fairly short order. Doing it in time for the launch is probably too ambitious.

gingerheid

Established Member
Nice photos.

I also like the livery - I'd personally say it's much better than what it replaced.

me123

Established Member
Yuk was my first thought as well, but I've already grown to like it. It's very bold and it'll probably look good on other units. Not fantastic on 153s, but still a slight improvement.

Coxster

Established Member
I suspect that only the Meridians and HSTs will get the express livery.
I think I read somewhere that the Class 158s will also get the white livery, and that a couple of "our" 158s had gone up for the launch.

Jim

Established Member
Stagecoach is not a company who I asociate 153's with though!

Ascot

Established Member
Same boring stagecoach, would be nice even if they changed a few colours. Does look nice just nothing new.

laseandre

Established Member
Oh. Actually, I've lived near Balloch all my life and have only just noticed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.