• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Midlands Trains Concentration test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FleetEWD

Hello, I have posted a few times on this but I have the second stage of assessments at Doncaster tomorrow.

The practice materials I have been provided with have a concentration test that is different to what has been posted about on here. It is a grid of letters and you are asked to cross out one reoccurring letter, then on the next one two reoccurring letters. it states that the content of the practice test will NOT be the same as on the day so the best i could do is revise the similar SCAAT and GB. Has anyone been through this recently. What test do they use!? It is for the position of train manager so will i be expected to grade as high as train drivers or will it be more relaxed? Also what are EMT like for advertising externally then giving the jobs to internal applicants?
thanks guys.
FleetEWD.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cherry_Picker

Established Member
When I did mine, which admittedly was more than ten years ago, it was basically the same test but instead of letters it was clusters of dots. You were asked to identify and highlight the clusters of five dots which were mixed in with clusters of other numbers. I seem to remember that they didn't have uniform patterns (like you might find on a dice for example) but we're still identifiable at a glance.

Status
Not open for further replies.